I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

need help! 2002 coupe dx. cluster resets everytime turn off?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
williamd is an unknown quantity at this point
need help! 2002 coupe dx. cluster resets everytime turn off?!

something is up with my cluster. everytime i turn on the car my gauges reset. like the odometer trip counter resets and the needles jump around for a few seconds. does anyone know if there is a memory wire in the harness for the cluster? or have a wiring digram? please help its driving me nutz!
Old 09-02-2013
Registered!!

Lvmevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help! 2002 coupe dx. cluster resets everytime turn off?!

Ive been having the same issue latetly. started a few months ago but I haven't been driving the car lately till this week. Seems like the issue is still there. Ive tried searching for others and found one other guy having similar issue but nobody replied to his thread either. I have looked for blown fuses, in cabin and in the engine bay. looked for grounds in the engine bay also. I even threw a code for ELD and I installed that too. what else could it be? heres the link to the other thread and he posted a video. only difference is that my civic is 2002 auto EX

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...en-cold-82098/
Old 09-02-2013
Registered!!

Lvmevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help! 2002 coupe dx. cluster resets everytime turn off?!

okay, found another thread on Honda tech where they guys were pointing towards the battery cable connectors. I went out to check mine and found the copper cables to be corroded and the connector had lots of rust on the inside not allowing full current to pass through. I used a file to scratch up the copper cables and the cleaned the connector . took the car out to run errands and I turned the car off and back on many times with the same results. Turns out in my case it ended up fixing the gauge flutter. Hope this helps someone else later. Thanks for looking