I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Infinity Component Sys...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Infinity Component Sys...........

Ok everyone, I have decided to get the Infinity Component system for the front of my car and I can get a good deal on ebay. The thing I have been wondering about is the rear speakers. I don't want subs because I don't listen to rap and all and I don't feel that I need them. Can I just get another set of 2-way 6x9 speakers for the rear? Thanks you for your help!
Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
ya you can get a good set of 6x9 that will sound pretty good, if you want to enhance the sound you might be interested in an amp, then possibly dynamatting your trunk. There will be a huge difference in your sound then.
Old 04-22-2002
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, I know I should get some infinity 6x9 speakers in the back, but should they be 2-way or what?
Old 04-22-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
2 way is fine cause your not gonna use the tweet anyways. just run your rear 6x9's off a small amp and turn the low pass filter on so they only get the lows so you will have a little bass but your highs will just come from up front so your imaging will be better. you won't hear the lows coming from the rear it will just sound like your 6.5's have great low end.
Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light

<< 2 way is fine cause your not gonna use the tweet anyways. just run your rear 6x9's off a small amp and turn the low pass filter on so they only get the lows so you will have a little bass but your highs will just come from up front so your imaging will be better. you won't hear the lows coming from the rear it will just sound like your 6.5's have great low end. >>

hehe. ben is edumacated [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

"small" is defined by 25 watts RMS or less. cheaper to run off deck power, then build a bandpass crossover.

ben hit it right on the nose, you want to block high frequencies, so as not to destroy imaging, and you want to block low frequencies, as they will only help to distort your sound.

depends on teh woofer, but 80 Hz- 400 Hz is a good starting point to tune to. Id guess that the end result would be about 120-370ish Hz for the final tuning, but that may not be ideal for your low end.

something else you might want to consider is kicker freeair subs. you can get them in 6x9 or 6.5 versions, and coupled with an amp (50x4 all teh way round or something) would compliment each other nicely.