I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Honda Civic blower fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolcat.vboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic blower fan problem

No Air Blowing out of vents (a/c, heater ...).

Car is a honda civic EX 2002 4cylinder.

1. Checked the fuses under the hood and under the kick panel on the driver side. Looked good to the naked eye.

Took it to the mechanic

1. He, replaced the blower motor with new one. No use. I confirmed this myself by jumping the old motor to the 12v battery. It spins.

2. He, replaced the blower resistor with new one. No use.

3. He said its the switch assembly and its a dealer part. Order the part oneline.

Took the entire center panel by myself and replaced the heater assembly with new one.

Still no use.

I going to buy a multi meter (after I post this) and check the voltages at different points my self. but pretty much we replaced all the parts in the system to no effect right.

One thing I observed is when I turn the key to the on positions, I hear the fan starts for like 1 sec and then stops...

Is there is some kind of relay that closes and lets its run.. that I should check for...

How do I proceed. Please help. I have no fan for a month now and its getty really hot here.
Old 06-06-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Honda Civic blower fan problem

It sure sounds like a problem with your "transistor" it is a solid state replacement for the blower resistors used in earlier days.

I remember someone said the fan would run for a second then stop iirc.

There is what I think to be a 114 degree C thermal cut-off that is used on the module that opens up. You can solder a new TCO in it's place.

You might want to see what he replaced a new transistor unit would have solved the problem if the TCO were open on the old one.

Also make sure your cabin filter is not clogged, no air flow can cause this failure.
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

mcslick12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt if this is the problem but I was having a problem with my AC not blowing and it was actually my cabin air filters were clogged(located behind the glove box) but when I turned it up all the way I could at least feel something.
Old 05-15-2011
Registered!!

dssgod is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you figured out what it was yet? It seems this question has been posted numerous times but not a single solution yet.
Old 05-15-2011
Registered!!

dssgod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dssgod
Have you figured out what it was yet? It seems this question has been posted numerous times but not a single solution yet.

...back again, started the diagnosis and found the customer was missing the blower relay completely along with a few fuses. I took one off an accord to test it out and it works perfectly.