I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

problem wit alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laogurllisa is an unknown quantity at this point
problem wit alarm

i have a 2002 honda civic coupe. i recently installed a alarm on it. the problem is that when i armed the car. the lock doesnt lock either. and i called the place i installed it at. they told me that i have to have the factory cd player for it to work. i have no power on the car at all only when i turn on the engine. please someone help me out. ima a girl and i dont know these stuff

Last edited by laogurllisa; 12-02-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: adding more stuff
Old 12-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: problem wit alarm

thats not true, only 97-98 civics need the factory cd player. and thats only if you are using factory keyless entry. aftermarket alarm will still work.i think someone did not install your alarm properly, or you have a bad door switch. does the dome light work when you open the doors? if not, check the trigger switch (its a small nipple on the side of the car door frame that pushes in. sometimes they break or the wire gets bent in the back. if the car thinks the door is open, the alarm wont lock the doors.
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

the dome light does not work at all. the only way it works is if i start the engine. before i got the alarm installed it was the same way. the doors wouldnt lock unless i start the car.
Old 12-02-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you should look into replacing the door triggers then. i think that will fix the problems
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

thanks a alot. hopefully i find a way of doing that.
Old 12-03-2009
Premium Member

just open the door and look on the frame for a black nipple looking thing. there is a small flap that pulls off, then there is a single screw holding it to the car body. remove that and make sure the wire in the back isnt broken. you prolly need a new switch tho and thr dealer should be able to order it. usually driver side goes out, but you might need passenger side too.

if you go inside the car with all doors closed and press the power lock button on the door panel, do all the locks work all the time? if yes, then the door switch is bad. the car thinks the door is open when it really is not, and so will refuse to lock the doors due to a safety feature.
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

on the door correct? o yeah my cd player also don't have power either. I always have to set the bass everytime I restart the car.
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

on the door correct? o yeah my cd player also don't have power either. I always have to set the bass everytime I restart the car.
Old 12-03-2009
Premium Member

no its on the car body, where the door closes into. its kinda near the latch where the stickers are for paint codes and tire weight. i dont know about the radio, is it aftermarket, it could have been installed incorrectly.