I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Right front speaker louder then left

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drumer56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Right front speaker louder then left

Hello

I recently purchased some Infinity reference 6022i for the front of my 2001 Civic Lx Sedan. Installing the speakers were a bit of a pain because i needed to make a 1/2 spacer but they finally fit right. After i installed them i turned on my car and tested the new speakers out, they sounded perfect.

Well about a day later while listening to my music, I noticed that the Right speaker was significantly louder then the Left. I know for sure this was not happening the day before when i installed them. The right speaker also sounds much clearer then the left. The balance is set in the middle so i know that is not the problem. I am also not using an Amp and I have a Naxa NX-670 stereo. I dont believe i could have blown the speaker already becuase i use to listen to my stock speakers at the same volume with no problems. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Right front speaker louder then left

you might check the connections, but i noticed this as well. for me i think it was due to the speaker positions. the passenger speaker has a straight shot to your ear, but the driver side is at a worse angle and aimed at your foot. this has been the case with every car ive been inside. what i did on my 02 was drill out all the blank holes in the grill with the door panel off. if you hold it up to the light, youll notice alot of the holes are not opened, and drilling them out will let more sound thru. mine sounded much more balanced after i did that. i did not drill out the passenger side obviously. and i also added tweeters in the mirror panels, which helps even out the highs.
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drumer56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok well it turns out it was my ears haha...

Well I purchased another pair of the infinity reference for the back of my car but they sounded pretty bad with the stock head unit so now im looking for an amp to power all 4 speakers, no sub. Im on a budget right now and saw this this amp at walmart and was wondering if this amp would be good for my 60 rms speakers.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8144071

Thanks
Old 12-03-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well DUAL is a pretty terrible brand, and i see no mention of the RMS output per channel, so i couldnt tell you if they would be a good match. you want at least 30w rms per channel for the infinity speakers.