I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Post-Installation ... Missing Clips

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
velour is an unknown quantity at this point
Post-Installation ... Missing Clips

Hi all - just installed a new stereo system in my '05 Civic (JVC HDR59 head unit, Alpine rear / Polk front speakers -- Bazooka sub [no comments - i'm not into hip-hop] coming next weekend). All went well, but a few (3 total, out of 20 or so) of the small metal clips that hold in the A/C console unit fell back into the dash. Everything still seems secure, but since i have to tear it open again to install the subwoofer next weekend, I was hoping to replace the missing clips -- but i can't find them anywhere. Searches online to no avail. They're metal, shaped like a bent U, and attach to plastic trim panels and clip into other panels. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

I have a Gen 7 2005 Civic "value" (ugh). Automatic tranny.

Thanks, Sean
Old 11-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Post-Installation ... Missing Clips

gotta get those from honda dealer.
Old 11-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Yea you need to go to the dealer, I hate them things if your not super carful you lose them, and even if you are you still lose them.
Old 11-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

heh i cant believe my luck, but i actually found one clip buried in the dash when i was arranging some wires. still missing a couple but so long as you have enough to keep it on, you should be okay.
Old 11-24-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Investigate this part # 90666-S84-A01

I found it at the hondapartsnow site.

I need some for my 05 as well.