I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

LED light strips (interior)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keithisg is an unknown quantity at this point
LED light strips (interior)

I was thinking about putting little LED light strips on my dash and around my whole head unit area.

I hear that they come in little strips as thin as a wire and you just put them in a crevice.

I was wondering how hard this would be to do, as i know i can use some sort of adhesive to keep them in place but as far as power sources go and what not, what do i need there?

EDIT:

So something like this is what im referring too.
Any suggestions on a certain brand or any tips on installing?
pics

Last edited by keithisg; 04-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: LED light strips (interior)

Are you sure about that? That's going to drive you crazy when your driving at night.
Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

boostnut87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DDragon7
Are you sure about that? That's going to drive you crazy when your driving at night.

i 2nd that bcuz my buddy used 2 have somethin like that nd it used 2 bug teh **** out me lol
Old 04-22-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

instead, maybe put the strips UNDER the gauges where the plastic lip is so they shine upwards and glow. having open leds like that look really tacky. www.besthongkong.com sells a bunch of different strip styles. but i recommend not keeping them in plain view for the above mentioned reasons. i put some leds under the cluster and turned out pretty good.

Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Try oznium.com They have a good selection of led strips. I agree with everyone that you should keep them out of sight and just let the light shine through. As for installing, you can just tap them to any power source (even your cig lighter) but I'd recommend installing a switch too.
Old 04-22-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah or parking light wire works too on the gauge cluster. i believe its the red/blk wire in the blue plug.
Old 04-23-2009
Registered!!

keithisg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah thanks for the input, i mean i wasnt really planning on having them to visible. I got some good ideas now.

So how do these hook up?
Old 04-23-2009
Registered!!

boostnut87 is an unknown quantity at this point

12v switched....but id hook them up 2 the parkinlight wire so u dnt have 2 run a switch on ur dash nd wat not
Old 04-23-2009
Registered!!

cjrager89 will become famous soon enough

i put some in my ac vents and under my dash cuz i thought having them shining on my cluster would drive me nuts. i got my switches where your foglight button (i think is what it is) normally goes, down next to the cig lighter, which i used as my power
i put some in my ac vents and under my dash cuz i thought having them shining on my cluster would drive me nuts. i got my switches where your foglight button (i think is what it is) normally goes, down next to the cig lighter, which i used as my power. cool thing about putting the switches there, if i get tired of them i can take em out and put the cap back. ta da! no uneeded holes in my car
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/h...mageuser=64711
Old 04-23-2009
Premium Member

looks nice
Old 04-23-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

oznium.com has good products.

I have done about 50 clusters, and used the strips on tons of places for ambient lighting.
Old 04-23-2009
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
instead, maybe put the strips UNDER the gauges where the plastic lip is so they shine upwards and glow. having open leds like that look really tacky. www.besthongkong.com sells a bunch of different strip styles. but i recommend not keeping them in plain view for the above mentioned reasons. i put some leds under the cluster and turned out pretty good.

That looks sick
Old 04-23-2009
Premium Member

thanks, i did orange leds to match the dash lights.
Old 04-24-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the work I have done with Oznium Products:

RED Led Evo cluster
PICT3418.jpg?t

RED LED 3rd Brakelight - Ford Ranger
(Tail lights are L1224R LED's)
Plate LED lights from Oznium

Reverse Lights Ford Ranger

Grille LEDs w/ Amber LED running lights

Blue LED Cluster & Interior Ford Ranger

LED Dome Light

RED LED Evo Interior

Cluster Build:

Evo exterior LEDs, Plate LEDs

LED Ranger Console

Evo LED Front Interior lighting

You can do the same thing with a Civic or any car.

i also do these mods professionally for all cars PM me if you want work done.