I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

just installed electronic (LED) flasher

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just installed electronic (LED) flasher

well i get a discount at advance auto parts now so i picked one up for fun lol. this is an electronic version and is an exact stock replacement for the flasher relay. its even made by the same company, tridon. the part number is EP34 if anyone is interested. This flasher is mainly used if you converted your turn signal bulbs to LED and want them to flash normally.

differences noticed from old flasher

-flash rate is definately faster, which is what i was hoping for. the stock flasher is very slow and takes forever to energize the bulbs. this new one still gets the bulbs really bright right away.

-much louder and different sound clicking, i actually can hear when the signals are on now.

-support for 6 bulbs (technically the stock flasher will not support adding sidemarkers). i have leds in my marker lights so for me it doesnt matter, but its just fyi.

-supposedly this flasher still has bulb burnout indication by flashing them 2x faster, but i think if you have leds it wont work that way.

overall worth the $10
Old 03-02-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: just installed electronic (LED) flasher

nice nice. howd you get a discount at advanced auto parts?
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Any videos to see how it looks?
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i work there lol. and unfortunately, it would flash faster than my digicam video would capture. i tried to get my brake strobes on video but that didnt work either.

okay i found the specs, its 60flash/sec stock and 80flash/sec for the new. so the new one flashes every 0.75sec, instead of every second.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

any links or pics of the product? i tried installing mine and i almost blew up the fusebox then it made a nice POOF of smoke and it was done
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member

haha it looks exactly like stock, a black box with 3 prongs. i plugged it in just like the stock one with the third prong up. i looked at the hyperflasher diy here to figure out which box it was (first one to the right above all the mini fuses under the dash).
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

you might have to remove the screw attaching fuse box to the body. I had a hard time removing the flasher relay without detaching the fuse box.
headlight I bought did not have yellow insert and had to get amber LED 7443. Plan to put back the yellow inserts when weather gets better..
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member

get philips silvervision 7440 bulbs or some amber 7443 too they have. okay one more cool flasher feature is the first flash is a long one, like 1.5secs almost before the fast flashes take over. i think its cool cause it grabs attention when you first turn it on.
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

marysmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Envy
nice nice. howd you get a discount at advanced auto parts?
can you give us discounts? lol...

seriously. what does this thing look like?
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

i cant find this on advance'es website. i think u just got a electronic flasher vs a thermal one.
Old 03-05-2008
Premium Member

isnt that what i said? its electronic yes, which works with leds and is alot different than thermal (it says led on it too). every store ive been to carries it so just goto the store if you have one. if not i could always pick one up if you pay for shipping.
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

none of the flashers at the website say LED on them. the stock flasher is electronic. if u just put LED in there a thermal would buzz but the electronic would just be a hyper blinker. i think it's this your describing. this is the only electronic LED flasher i've seen:
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

the autozone near mine did not have amber 7443 bulbs...nor did Pepboys/Strauss auto
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

amber 7443 is a rare item, only place ive seen is 'autopartshouse' seller on ebay.

that red flasher is not correct, its black and looks exactly like the stock one, and it says LED on it too. its variable load and has 6 bulb support for added sidemarkers. here i found it searching by part number.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...artNumber=EP34

Last edited by gearbox; 03-06-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

alex.w *// will become famous soon enough

can you describe a diy on how to install the relay?
Old 03-10-2008
Premium Member

there already is one in the diy threads about the hyperflasher. you take off the bottom fuse panels, remove the screw at the bottom of the fuse panel and yank it down, then change the relay and push it back and install the screw and covers. the best difference i noticed now that the bulbs flash faster is that they flash more correctly with the led marker lights instead of a slight delay since leds come on instantly.
Old 03-10-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I'm lost... Pics?
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...erblinker.html