I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Radio Code under CD Player????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Radio Code under CD Player????

So I finally got around to getting tired of not having a radio. If anyone remembers my previous threads, I reset my battery and lost the little paper that had my radio code on it.

The code is nowhere else on my vehicle. Ive been told to check door jams, under the rear trunk lid, trunk liners, glove compartments (center and passenger), under the engine bay fuse box cover and the one under my steering column. Its not even in my owners manual packet thing or in any of the books my car came with.

The first time this happened the dealer said they found the code on a sticker under my trunk lid.. that sticker has magically disappeared. Even the dealership cant find the code on the car!

So they told me they usually get it from underneath the actual OEM radio unit. It should be printed underneath.

I have my radio in my hand.. I dont see the 5 digit code...anywhere.. anybody know where it might be under this 5"x 5" radio...?
Old 02-10-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Radio Code under CD Player????

pm FoSho.
if he helps, rep him
Old 02-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

I think printing the code on the bottom defeats the purpose of the anti theft code. But thats just me.

The dealer can give you your code if you give them the serial number of the radio and your vin. If they say they can't, ask for a supervisor cause they are inept and full of ****
Old 02-10-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Yea I went to them and they told me I needed to take out the radio code and it would be underneath it. Stupid.

Can I call any dealership and they'd give it to me? Or do I have to go there in person..
Old 02-10-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get the serial # off the radio and have honda parts dept look up the code that way. oops sniper beat me to it lol. yea any dealer but go in person. and dont let them charge you anything.
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Ive had to call the dealer (parts dept.) for a code and they were able to do it over the phone, just give them the 8 digit serial number. You can get that by pressing and holding the 1 and 6 and then turning the car on.

Last edited by wheelspinLX; 02-10-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

yea the code should be on the radio..........i had to go through the same thing but if not then like everyone else said......just call the dealership and they should give it to you over the phone....but they might be dicks and try to charge you
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

im actually curious about this now. why would they print the code on the radio, that completely defeats the purpose of having the security feature. And yes as everyone above me has said, call the dealership and give em your serial.
Old 02-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

they dont print it it on the radio. the only reson i see it being there would be if someone had the stcker and stuck it there themselves
Old 02-11-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pressing 1 and 6 only works on some decks but not all. code is not printed anywhere on the radio and should also not be anywhere on the car. thats just stupid car dealers hiding it so when the customer loses it, they can just tell them where to look. nobody steals a stock radio thats barely worth $20 on ebay.
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Yep!!! do what gearbox said above..........if that doesn't work get me the serial #......i work at honda no sweat!! I'll be here to 6 pm central!! Hit me up!
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

idk about others but the code is printed on my radio...............
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Be here another hour!!! Hit me up!!! Ya, know....people like me at dealerships....we're so mean...(haha^) I'll help ya out!
Old 02-11-2008
This is Myspace

i got it thanks people.. yea it used to actually be on the car. i did see it before, under my trunk lid. other common places are under fuse box covers and in owners manuals. i gave them the serial numebr and VIN and they coughed it up.. thanks again everyone
Old 11-19-2009
Registered!!

nikigeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sorry for my English I am from Bulgaria. I have a Honda Civic CTDI 2002 year second hand. I changed the battery and lost the code, but I have a serial number and he is following U1305 L3234. Would you please help me and sent the code. My email is a nikigeen@gmail.com
I would be very grateful you. Thanks in advance
Old 12-04-2009
Registered!!

outlaw242 is an unknown quantity at this point

whats up guys first post friend of mine had the same issue did a seach and found this site. so he was told by someone else the code can be found in the glove compartment and when he check a code was there tried it and it worked. so hope this helps. if its not there it was removed by the dealer will post a pic so you can see how it looks.

Last edited by outlaw242; 12-04-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2009
Registered!!

4BDN_CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point

OUt of curiousity, how man numbers is the code?
Old 12-04-2009
Premium Member

i think four numbers