I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

door panel or speaker cover?:hithead:

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
letsfightfelipe has a little shameless behaviour in the past
door panel or speaker cover?:hithead:

Ok I know when I wanted to change speakers in my 98 civic ex I would just remove the speaker cover. But in my haynes manual it says to remove the WHOLE door panel to get to them. Now do I have to remove it or can I just use a flathead and pry open the speaker cover. IF I have to remove the whole door panel I will find a way to make the speaker cover flip up by cutting it, using hinges, and use vinyl paint. But please someone tell me if I can just pry it open.
Old 10-22-2007
I'm not biased, I hate everyone equally!

unsocial is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: door panel or speaker cover?:hithead:

Have to remove the door panel...sorry...have fun.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

I believe you have to take off the whole door panel. I think the speaker cover is fake (molded part of the door panel). If you pry it off, it's probably going to break.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

has anyone every tried to mod the cover so it can be removeable? if not I Think I'll try
Old 10-22-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well it is part of the door panel, so you would have to cut a hole to remove it. doesnt make sense considering it only takes a few mins to remove the panel.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Yes but I think modding the panel to where you can just open up the speaker cover with ease would only take about 30 minutes. and not only that it may look cool as well
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How often are you planning to change out your speakers. Modding the panel seems like a waste of time... not to mention the likely hood of numerous vibrations. Buy good speakers the first time so you don't need to open the door up more than once for the speakers. I have had my door panels off probably five times, only once for speakers though.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

see thats my problem though I'm 17 and right now any speakers are better than my stock speakers only 2 work in the whole car. so I have some MB quart tweeters and speakers from my last civic set up. but in the future i want something better I know abotu vibrations but I'm gonna reseach to find the best thing
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i'm not trying to be a dick but how lazy can you be? you'd save much more time taking your door panel off than modding a speaker cover that would probably come out looking shitty. there's like two screws in the whole door panel, and a bunch of plastic push pins.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
How often are you planning to change out your speakers. Modding the panel seems like a waste of time... not to mention the likely hood of numerous vibrations.
agreed
Old 10-22-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive had my infinity speakers for over 5 yrs with no plans to replace them yet. you shouldnt need to take it off hardly at all. ive taken mine off more times for sound proofing and installing lights and fixing my window switch than for speakers.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

hmm well i guess so if its only 2 screws and some push pins on my 98 civic it took about 25 minuts to get off
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by letsfightfelipe
hmm well i guess so if its only 2 screws and some push pins on my 98 civic it took about 25 minuts to get off
you shouldn't be trying to fob a speaker cover if it's taking you 25 minutes to remove a door panel.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
ive had my infinity speakers for over 5 yrs with no plans to replace them yet. you shouldnt need to take it off hardly at all. ive taken mine off more times for sound proofing and installing lights and fixing my window switch than for speakers.
Got to love the Infinities. I have the 62.7s up front and love 'em.
Old 10-22-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Removing the door panel should take about 4 minutes.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

ok if its that fats on the 7gen civics than its good.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by letsfightfelipe
ok if its that fats on the 7gen civics than its good.
dude, on ANY car really it shouldn't take that long.