I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Who Wants To Help Me???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
breault5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who Wants To Help Me???

hey guys i need some advice on tweeters.......which ones????
i think i want alpine si8nce i havce an alpine deck but will it fit???
which tweeters fit the best on a 02 ex coupe???
Old 09-03-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Who Wants To Help Me???

any 1" tweeters will fit, however, make sure u get tweeters that have crossovers in the package, they will last longer, and u will get better sound out of them... i believe alpine does make these, so does kenwood for sure, i could have gotten some a while back for like 70 bucks, but bought a headunit with crossovers built in... but brand is all about preference
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

You might as well upgrade the whole speaker too if it's stock. No sense in having good tweeters and bad speakers. Buy a component system that comes with the tweeter, crossover, and midrange woofer.
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

breault5 is an unknown quantity at this point

okay thanks guys by the way whats a crossover???
do u install it yourself???
Old 09-03-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

basically a crossover blocks a particular bandwidth, in this case, it would be blocking bass to a speaker that is only intended to carry treble, if u dont block the lows, u will blow the speaker faster... sometimes they are built into the wires, sometimes they have to be installed manually, go to a car audio store and ask them what is the best component system, ull get a better idea of what will be good for ur car