I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

HID with Relay Harness Kit Connection.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
HID with Relay Harness Kit Connection.

Ok Guys .. For some reason there was a very good topic of about 16 pages which had loads of information about Installing HID conversion kits on your car and how to add a relay harness kit for the safety of your OEM Bulb Harness and Electric system. The topic was about HID kits for sale by our member DONG, but coz of being so old it had reviews by many of the members on this forum who bought and installed those kits, put pics on this forum and had lots of valuable advice of DO'S and DONT's. Sadly its all gone now

Now Im having trouble with installing a relay kit to the HID conversion kit and thus I wanted to make some things clear before I start it. I would highly appreciate if the ICE MOD who i think was Electric 130 something ? I cant rememeber. Can you please make like a official HID conversion kit installation thread with instructions for adding the relay harness. It would be really helpful for me and a lot of newbies Thank you.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted
Re: HID with Relay Harness Kit Connection.

I second that !!!!
Old 07-14-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

I third that. Someone help with setting that up. I dont have HIDs but we always get some kind of question about HIDs. Thanks in advance to anyone who can support and set this up.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

Hey I was searching for that thread earlier because I was gonna buy a set. What happened to him and that thread???
Old 07-14-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

if they made me the ICE mod, id doo ALLL those diy for u guys... =]

haha wt questions do u have? specific??? i can show u?

how to make a hid relay?

retrofit diy?

projector mounting?

led guages?

led interior?

led tail lights?

pwm moduals?
Old 07-15-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

^^^ hahaha ... kool man ..u sure have a good deal of knowledge about all this stuff :-)
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Also, check out hidplanet.com, they've got a ton of info. Here's a link to their harness thread, it's how I built mine:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6612
Old 07-16-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

^ha beat me to it! thats how mine was made

Last edited by chawski; 07-17-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Ok Guys .. For some reason there was a very good topic of about 16 pages which had loads of information about Installing HID conversion kits on your car and how to add a relay harness kit for the safety of your OEM Bulb Harness and Electric system. The topic was about HID kits for sale by our member DONG, but coz of being so old it had reviews by many of the members on this forum who bought and installed those kits, put pics on this forum and had lots of valuable advice of DO'S and DONT's. Sadly its all gone now
DONG's thread was deleted because he's no longer a vendor here. due to so many posts with references to his contact info that would allow him to still make sales from some where that he's not paying for advertisment, that thread was removed. it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors that are paying for their advertising to leave DONG's.

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Now Im having trouble with installing a relay kit to the HID conversion kit and thus I wanted to make some things clear before I start it. I would highly appreciate if the ICE MOD who i think was Electric 130 something ? I cant rememeber. Can you please make like a official HID conversion kit installation thread with instructions for adding the relay harness. It would be really helpful for me and a lot of newbies Thank you.
problem with doing this is that not all harnesses are going to be the same. the harness you have in front of you doesn't look anything like the harness i have on my car (i built my own, so I'm sure it's different ) if people are willing to take detailed pics of their harnesses and post them as attachments (not external links, that way they never dissappear), i'd be willing to start a thread that has all the various types of harnesses and instructions on how to connect them.

that said, i'd be happy to go ahead and get yours sorted out if i can help.
Old 07-18-2007
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakertime
Also, check out hidplanet.com, they've got a ton of info. Here's a link to their harness thread, it's how I built mine:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6612
you got a thread for your retro? i did TSX in TYC. are the anzo's similar to sonars? i heard the sonars have less room than the tyc's.
Old 07-18-2007
Banned

^^^ YOU MY FRIEND !!! Are the dude I was looking for :-p I will surely get a hold of u shortly in the upcoming days and we can start a DIY topic or something ... Im so glad to get hold of u man ;-) Take care
Old 07-18-2007
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

I think the easiest and cheapest way to get QUAlity hid's is to buy oem d2r ballasts and bulbs, and then get the relay harness. Im using oem nissan 350z ballasts and bulbs with no problem.
Old 07-18-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by HondaKorn
I think the easiest and cheapest way to get QUAlity hid's is to buy oem d2r ballasts and bulbs, and then get the relay harness. Im using oem nissan 350z ballasts and bulbs with no problem.
ballasts don't care about D2S/D2R. are you using a D2R to H4 or 9006 adapter? or did you just put it in there and hope it doesn't shift? do you have H4 or 9006 stock?