I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

AM/FM Reception

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
AM/FM Reception

I'm not a noob, and I've searched, so read the entire thread before you make some silly comment. Here's the dealy-o: I know that the antenna booster has to be connected to the ant turn on of my aftermarket deck. That would be a blue/white wire from the aftermarket to the yellow/green wire from the factory wires. The problem is that I don't have the yellow/green wire that is supposed to be there, so what do I do? Here's a chart, it's supposed to be A1, but there is no wire there.

Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
you should have the wire for the booster somewhere in your harness, if not then run a new wire yourself to the passenger side in the back behind the plastic near the side window (mine was there, not sure if they are all in the same place)
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 05reverb
you should have the wire for the booster somewhere in your harness, if not then run a new wire yourself to the passenger side in the back behind the plastic near the side window (mine was there, not sure if they are all in the same place)
It is not in the harness, I've made it very clear. If there is in-fact a booster turn on, then there should have been a wire. How did my factory radio turn it on if there is no wire? Running a wire to the back means it was never there! Fugg it, I'm just going to get sirius again.
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
4Saris,
According to your profile you have an 03 LX sedan, I pulled up a wiring diagram for that car and I show no wire at pin A1. I'm pretty sure the diagram you've got is for a coupe. It appears you have no antenna turn on wire so it should be no big deal. But I agree satellite is the way to go, I'm not really interested in commercials.

I attached some diagrams.

- Chris

Last edited by christmaspie; 09-29-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by christmaspie
4Saris,
According to your profile you have an 03 LX sedan, I pulled up a wiring diagram for that car and I show no wire at pin A1. I'm pretty sure the diagram you've got is for a coupe. It appears you have no antenna turn on wire so it should be no big deal. But I agree satellite is the way to go, I'm not really interested in commercials.

I attached some diagrams.

- Chris
Chris, thanks for the help and clarification on this.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Hey, no problem. Glad I could help.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anybody had a problem with their reception after going to an aftermarket face? Its wierd my alpine picked up all the stations in my truck but in my civic it hardly picks up stations on FM and i get NO AM, and the antenna wires are all hooked up
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, that was my problem. The power antenna doesn't have a turn on in the factory harness so you have to add a booster I think. I'm just going back to Sirius instead.
Old 10-06-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my reception got alot better with alpine, fm sounds like a cd almost.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have an ex and the wire from the diagram is hooked up so it should have a booster, i am using an alpine cda9856, the reception was fine in my 03 edge but in my 01 civic ex its crap and i get NO am reception. i guess ill have to figure out a way to hook up an old fashion antenna inside the car ( i just cant bring myself to sticking one on the body.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

You have blue power antenna output from your alpine deck hooked up? Is there 12V on the wire when your radio is on?
If that wire (yellow/green) isn't hooked up you will get no AM reception if you have a coupe.