Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades)
-   -   AM/FM Reception (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades/279609-am-fm-reception.html)

4Saris 09-20-2006 11:36 AM

AM/FM Reception

I'm not a noob, and I've searched, so read the entire thread before you make some silly comment. Here's the dealy-o: I know that the antenna booster has to be connected to the ant turn on of my aftermarket deck. That would be a blue/white wire from the aftermarket to the yellow/green wire from the factory wires. The problem is that I don't have the yellow/green wire that is supposed to be there, so what do I do? Here's a chart, it's supposed to be A1, but there is no wire there.

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/8...icwires0vd.jpg

05reverb 09-20-2006 09:01 PM

you should have the wire for the booster somewhere in your harness, if not then run a new wire yourself to the passenger side in the back behind the plastic near the side window (mine was there, not sure if they are all in the same place)

4Saris 09-21-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 05reverb
you should have the wire for the booster somewhere in your harness, if not then run a new wire yourself to the passenger side in the back behind the plastic near the side window (mine was there, not sure if they are all in the same place)

It is not in the harness, I've made it very clear. If there is in-fact a booster turn on, then there should have been a wire. How did my factory radio turn it on if there is no wire? Running a wire to the back means it was never there! Fugg it, I'm just going to get sirius again.

christmaspie 09-25-2006 03:18 PM

4Saris,
According to your profile you have an 03 LX sedan, I pulled up a wiring diagram for that car and I show no wire at pin A1. I'm pretty sure the diagram you've got is for a coupe. It appears you have no antenna turn on wire so it should be no big deal. But I agree satellite is the way to go, I'm not really interested in commercials.

I attached some diagrams.

- Chris

4Saris 09-29-2006 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by christmaspie (Post 4048384)
4Saris,
According to your profile you have an 03 LX sedan, I pulled up a wiring diagram for that car and I show no wire at pin A1. I'm pretty sure the diagram you've got is for a coupe. It appears you have no antenna turn on wire so it should be no big deal. But I agree satellite is the way to go, I'm not really interested in commercials.

I attached some diagrams.

- Chris

Chris, thanks for the help and clarification on this.

christmaspie 09-29-2006 04:42 PM

Hey, no problem. Glad I could help.

hwt101 10-06-2006 12:54 AM

Has anybody had a problem with their reception after going to an aftermarket face? Its wierd my alpine picked up all the stations in my truck but in my civic it hardly picks up stations on FM and i get NO AM, and the antenna wires are all hooked up

4Saris 10-06-2006 08:15 AM

Yeah, that was my problem. The power antenna doesn't have a turn on in the factory harness so you have to add a booster I think. I'm just going back to Sirius instead.

gearbox 10-06-2006 08:54 AM

my reception got alot better with alpine, fm sounds like a cd almost.

hwt101 10-06-2006 06:48 PM

i have an ex and the wire from the diagram is hooked up so it should have a booster, i am using an alpine cda9856, the reception was fine in my 03 edge but in my 01 civic ex its crap and i get NO am reception. i guess ill have to figure out a way to hook up an old fashion antenna inside the car ( i just cant bring myself to sticking one on the body.

christmaspie 10-06-2006 07:39 PM

You have blue power antenna output from your alpine deck hooked up? Is there 12V on the wire when your radio is on?
If that wire (yellow/green) isn't hooked up you will get no AM reception if you have a coupe.