I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Question on LSD screens.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006
The internet says Im a loser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of light
Question on LSD screens.

I have a few ideas for my I.C.E. but I need to know from expierenced 7thgeners a few things to make sure it is possible with current cunsumer electronics.

I need a LCD screen that will fit in the area where the stock head unit and bin reside in the dash. I've seen the members here with the custom LCD displays that take up most of the dash area and have to move the A/C controls. Those are too big for my tastes, I'd like one that fits in the "hole" I will be left with when I remove the head unit and bin with.

edit: It is going to be used for GPS display, nothing too fancy.

Last edited by Anathema; 09-06-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
why not just get a double din/gps cd/mp3/dvd unit??

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/d...Z1QQsacatZ3270
Old 09-06-2006

Anathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of light
That may be an option.
I was hoping to go with something a little more clean looking. But I'm not sure what is available. I may upgrade in the future to a full PC/console is why I wanted a LCD display.
Old 09-06-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
You can still upgrade to a carputer with a double din. My kenwood indash was running the HKS CAMP unti which is just like a computer LOL
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
what about something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-double-...&s=electronics
Old 09-06-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
BTW it's LCD not LSD
Old 09-06-2006

Bah.. Now you know where my mind is
Its right in the post.
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
woot yea, get the alpine w200
Old 09-06-2006

Anyone got any pics of these installed?
Old 09-06-2006

I used to, but I don't think I do anymore Korn has seen it, I think he liked it.
Old 09-06-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
I loved it!! I just purchased a touch screen valordvd/cd/mp3/sd/divx/xvid etc.... but I think i might sell it to get that damn kenwood brad had.....im almost aroused thinking about it
Old 09-06-2006

Yeah, the guy asked me if you were someone that was ok to deal with. LOL. I'm going to pick up the same headunit I had again, I never shoulda sold it.
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
here you go:

btw: pics are from another member.
Old 09-06-2006

How big is that screen. Diagonally?
Old 09-06-2006

Probably a 6.5 or 7
Old 09-06-2006

Awesome! I know what I want! Thank you all!
Old 09-06-2006

Good deal
Old 09-06-2006
Life is better with 5lug

6.5 but kenwood makes a 7 incher...its on the ebay link I posted above
Old 09-14-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
where did he get that double din kit?

damn ^post #14

i need to post pixs!!! one more post DANG IT!!!

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 09-14-2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Don't forget, if you get a unit like Alpine, etc, you won't be able to hook up a carPC to it like you would a regular touch screen. No other brand allows you to control the touch screen from the PC like a regular touch screen does. It could display your PC via the video in, but you would need to use a mouse/trackball/remote control to control the screen.