I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

need opinions on trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
need opinions on trunk

ive got an o5 lx coupe. i did the custom trunk DIY and now i have a problem. im reusing the orginal pieces of carpet that covers the sides of the trunk. i was searching for carpet and cant find new carpet to match the original. i went to an interior shop and tried to have them make me new side pieces and they said it would look like **** because the original is melted to form to the shape and the new carpet would bunch up. now what? ive thought about fiberglassing the entire trunk where carpet wouldve been including the new box i built. or are all the coupe trunk linings the same color? if i could find a tan liner i could get carpet to match. i planned on glassing the box anyway and painting it to match the car, but i need a solution for the floor. any suggestions or ideas?
Old 08-05-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Wow. I am confused. Are you saying you need carpet for the sides/walls of the trunk? Or do you mean the floor piece? If you mean the sides/walls, then you have a few options. Goto a junk yard. Find someone willing to sell theirs (not likely). Or possibly just get speaker box carpeting. Its very stretchy and with the help of at least one other person and a handy can of spray adhesive, you could just carpet the sides. Hopefully this helps a little and if not try to explain better what you mean. Pics would really help.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
i have the original side pieces and i was wanting to reuse them, but i cant find carpet to match for the floor. as far as getting different carpet for the sides, i need to know if everyone elses coupe has the same color carpet in the trunk. my interior in my car is tan except for the trunk and its like a dark charcoal. i tried speakerbox carpet for the new floor and it doesnt match.
Old 08-06-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure that all the carpet in the trunk is the same color. I doubt they would change something like that with the interior.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
any automotive upholstery shop should be able to get you a matching carpet.

ANY fabric that is stretchy will work.

I use "trunkliner". its cheap and matches the sides perfectly. Not as nice a material as boxcarpet and not as durable, but its half the cost and matches.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

i went to an upholstery shop and we went through like 4 books of samples and couldnt find anything to match. some stuff got close but it had little white fibers in it. i think im just gonna use the orginal side pieces as a template and glass the whole trunk.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
I tried that, looked horrible.

I had much better results removing the sides completely and starting from scratch to make sides. I highly recommend you do the same, if you go the glass route.

also gives you something to reinstall to "go back to stock", if you get tired of the glass panels.
Old 08-07-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
And for future reference, the carpet code is grey 11. Honda can get you new ones, or you can purchase carpet from an audio shop with that color code, or online and it will match.
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

thanks for the code. glassing the whole trunk is a last resort option. you have any carpet dealers online you have dealt with or know of any reputable ones?