I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Radio codes. I know it's an old issue.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio codes. I know it's an old issue.

I know this subject has been talked about for EVER now but i still don't have my code for my radio. i disconnected my battery not too long ago and i haven't been able to listen to my radio now for some time. i was wondering if it would be stupid for me to display my radio's serial number to you guys and see if you guys can help me with it. maybe some of your guys have the same number and can give it to me. thanks

I'm waiting.....

Last edited by Johnold; 07-16-2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
look inside your glove box. radio code is there, it should be on the right side
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

no it's not man. i combed over the WHOLE car ALREADY like dozens of times. and i mean....EVERYWHERE! LOL.

i was wondering if i SHOULD display my serial number to you guys and see if either one of you have the same number and can help in any kinda way.

i bought my car from a private owner and they didn't leave me with the codes. damn them!

Last edited by Johnold; 07-16-2006 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think that you have the same serial number as any of us, serial codes are unique to know exactly whos car it is from if it is stolen. you can probably find out wich dealer the car originates, if so, tell that honda dealer the serial number of your car, and they should be able to find out the code for you. worst comes to worst, buy a new aftermarket headunit, you'll enjoy it even more
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

thats true. i think the owner before me got this car brand new in North Carolina. where they lived before comming to florida where i got the car from them. the serial number for the radio is U 2215 L 1415. i think. if i can remember correctly. is that the WHOLE serial number for my head unit? or is there more?. and can someone tell me please how a radio code is put in once erased from the radio? what buttons in what order do you press?. just curious. all i know is that the code is something like 5 digits long? i think. i haven't been able to listen to my damn radio for like 2 months now cause i don't have the code!
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

lilaphganboi is an unknown quantity at this point
i did that on my civic and i didnt have the code, so i called up the honda dealership and gave them the serial number, and they gave me the code. try calling your local honda dealership. they helped me out.
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

yeah but, are they going to charge me for asking for the code? cause i didn't get my honda from a dealership here in florida. i got it from a private seller (here in florida). I'm hoping they'll be able to help me but i'm also hoping that i'm not going to have to listen to them tell me that there's a price to pay for the code info.

The previous owner got the civic from North Carolina i believe. my civic is originally from NC. so I'm hoping that my local honda dealership will be able to help me.

Last edited by Johnold; 07-16-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

Dfresh7 is an unknown quantity at this point
any honda dealership will be able to get the code for you, im on the east coast and called a dealership on the west coast because it was late here. They will need your cars vin and the serial code on the radio, they put those two numbers together in theyr system... soo your stuck with that radio incase you ever get a different (stock) one and need the code, you would need a different vin
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

GoMavs is an unknown quantity at this point
mine is on the service ticket from honda.