I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

So who wants to see what my surprise was? (56k no)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
So who wants to see what my surprise was? (56k no)

So after hinting and teasing for a few days, today is the day when I reveal what my surprise is. Well, I recently joined up with a well known SPL team, and with them, we managed to take on a new sponsor for high end equipment. We spent all day yesterday completely revamping both my car and the car owned by my new fellow team members, with the plan to reveal both my membership to the team and the new sponsor and equipment at the show at our shop today. We started at 7:00am yesterday and worked until after midnight, swapping product and making changes. It all made for a really dramatic and fun revealing today. We built the suspense all day, talking about the new member, while my car sat across the street, under a car cover. At one point, my buddy distracted everyone, while I ran out the back of the shop, changed into the team t-shirt, ran across the street, pulled the cover off the car while crawling on my hands and knees, and drove over.

Anyway, to get to the point, the brands that we are now proud to have on board and be supporting are none other than........

.....the beautiful products of........

....a couple of companies called....

...none other than...

...Focal, Zapco, Audiocontrol and Second Skin Audio!

With Team Shadow, I recently got on board with these fine brands, and we spent the day yesterday installing a Focal FP 4.75, Audiocontrol DQXS w/DDC, Zapco iForce 10" woofers, and Zapco Reference 6.5" components. The deal with Second Skin Audio was done on my own, seperate from the rest of the team, and there will be more on that in the near future.

The other vehicle received a pair of Focal 40KX 16" woofers, Focal 165V2 components, and Zapco Reference 1100.1 and 360.4 amplifiers.

What is special about the Focal amps, is not just that they are produced by a company renowned for making beautiful sounding speakers, they are a brand new product. They were just released, along with a few other models, and I am happy to be one of the first demo cars.

I am still planning on switching out some of the product in the near future, the speakers will be getting changed (but to what is a surprise!), and I may change the amp configuration. A lot of tuning will need to be done to get the system sounding it's best, but I'm going to be up to the challenge.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the new system and the install progress yesterday...

Here's what we had under the blanket in the pic that I posted yesterday... all of the new gear:

The mess of wiring that we pulled out of my amp rack:

Starting to test fit for the new equipment:

More fitting:

Patrick the man putting carpet on the new section of false floor:

And... partially done carpet:

Patrick the man tackling some of the wiring on the new gear:

The Audiocontrol DQXS mounted and partially wired. I do have a DDC (digital dash control) to go along with this unit, but it isn't installed just yet:

Stripping some speaker wire:

RCA cables connected to the beautiful Focal amp:

Robert the man deadlining the doors on his car (Dodge Shadow):

Zapco Reference components installed in crappy Q-form kicks:

Processor and amp mounted. Nice and simple :

Going for a glamour shot:
Old 06-18-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
got a decible range you are trying to hit?
Old 06-18-2006
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
No, it's a sound quality car. It's meant to be a demo car for people to sit in and listen to and get a feel for the new product. The other car is an SPL car, which is now going a bit of SQ itself, the V2 speakers sound awesome, as do the woofers.
Old 06-19-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i see. still im curious. how many 10s are in there? im sure it sounds pimp
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

Derrik is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats again buddy.
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
die ryan
Old 06-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
At first I though you were a yackass for making me read all of that but then I saw the equipment and wet myself. Good quality stuff. I'd like to sell all of my Diamond gear and go to Focal. I wanted the AudioControl piece forever but I just got the new PPI unit which seems to kick ***.
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
simply absurd, hopefully the tease about second skin audio will be just as drawn out
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
very, very, very sweet.
Old 06-20-2006

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
nice stuff ryan
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

PitbullCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice equipment, simple clean install
Old 06-21-2006
Banned

I just put a pair of Focal K2P in last night, boo yeah
Old 06-24-2006
Registered!!

n0n0y is an unknown quantity at this point
how did the focal polyglass v2, sound with the focal amp?

i have the same separates, but my amp for that is JBL px300.4 bridged into 2ch
Old 06-25-2006
Banned

We never had the Polyglass in my car, there was another car that got sponsored with us, a Dodge Shadow, and it has the V2 in it.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

n0n0y is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
We never had the Polyglass in my car, there was another car that got sponsored with us, a Dodge Shadow, and it has the V2 in it.
oh ok.. so wat separates did u install with the focal amp? how was it?
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
PG-

got model #'s for that suff? I cant tell what models they are....

The install does look pretty sweet though. Congrats on the new sponsership

R u selling ur old stuff then?