I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Component Install Question MB Quartz

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StrikeValkyrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Component Install Question MB Quartz

I am attempting to install MB Quartz DSE 216 component speakers in my 05 Civic. What I am currently stumped on is where to mount the crossover for the tweeter? I am wary of mounting in the door because of moisture, and I am also concerned about the crossover heating up and melting the liner in the door. Does anyone know how hot these things actually get? Also for the mounting of the 6.5" woofer it looks like I may have to modify the hole in the door or the speaker itself in order to fit it correctly, does anyone have any suggestions to try and simplify things.

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
They dont get hot . I have mine inside of the door panels and it has worked perfect for 2 years.
Old 06-10-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tom1178 is an unknown quantity at this point
kyle is right, they don't get hot at all. I've had Quarts for 7 years and the crossover doesn't put out any heat that would ever come close to melting anything inside your door. Mounting inside the door panel really isn't that big of a deal, there will be very limited moisture inside the door panel.

Your doors will definitely need to be modified in order to fit. It can be done in only a few hours with a dremel and some care. Search around on the site and you should be able to find some old posts from a few yrs back about different ways to expand the mounting space in the doors of civic's. If it's not worth your time maybe just pay for a shop to do it for you.