I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

wire colors on radio pleaase help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jerseydetailer
once you get the wires connected properly, then go under you hood and open you fuse box cover..you probaly (i'm 99% sure) blew the #2 fuse....its listed as fuse number 2 and controls the audio unit, dash lights, front parking lights, front side marker lights, heater control panel, license plate lights, rear side marker lights, tailights and its a 15amp fuse
aw jeez where do i get that fuse now? ****.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
my suggestions are to check and make sur eyou have no blown fuses and then connect your plug back and get the harness adapter.

i agree....i have a feeling he cut the harness off if you are still having trouble with matching up the colors pick one up and you can attach it...or if you cant put back the stock one then you can buy it for reference....ie see which wires of the harness you buy would go to the stock harness and take it from there..but yeah check your fuses you got at least one blown
Old 02-28-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
its a fuse under your hood. its a 15 amp
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
aw jeez where do i get that fuse now? ****.

well if you have a fuse tester than its easy..push it to open end of the fuse and the color green/red will tell you if its good or not...if not, you will have to manually pull the fuse and look at it, if its blown the middle wont be connected because it blew....i think our cars use the mini fuses...you should have spares in the fuse box...theres 2 fuse boxes, one in the engine and one under dash under directly under steering wheel
Old 02-28-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
hopefully all you did was blow a fuse
this happened when you hook up the illuniination wire (a very bad thing) and you also should have used a aftermarket radio wire harness...

i had to get all new speed/tach cluster plus new bulbs for the HVAC controls
would have cost me $500 (at least)thank god for stupid honda technicains and certified used warrenty
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LowSky
hopefully all you did was blow a fuse
this happened when you hook up the illuniination wire (a very bad thing) and you also should have used a aftermarket radio wire harness...

i had to get all new speed/tach cluster plus new bulbs for the HVAC controls
would have cost me $500 (at least)thank god for stupid honda technicains and certified used warrenty
O_O damn now ur scaring me now il try fixing the fuse tommorow but ill also note that when i turned on my car the turnung signals turned on and then smoke came out and something smelledlike it burned and blew
Old 03-01-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
This might be stupid and may not even apply to you, but when I installed the Alpine CDA-9856 into my '04 Civic EX Sedan this past weekend, I discovered that when the emergency flasher button is disconnected (as it will be, when you have the entire radio dash taken off), it stops the individual turn signals from working. Seems that they're tied into each other, although I don't know how. Just FYI...
Old 03-01-2006

yeah you might need a need dash cluster
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

ok look this is what i will do for you..if you still dont have it working, i will go pick up a harness my boy didnt use...and match up the color wire and tell you which wires go where.....just post if you still dont have it working..i cant do it 2day but i will do it 2morrow...
Old 03-02-2006

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jerseydetailer
ok look this is what i will do for you..if you still dont have it working, i will go pick up a harness my boy didnt use...and match up the color wire and tell you which wires go where.....just post if you still dont have it working..i cant do it 2day but i will do it 2morrow...
Doesn't get much sweeter than that...
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
DO NOT hook up anything to the RED wire on the car side, it will fry your dash lights.

Hook up the orange wire to the red/black wire. Tape up and do not use the RED wire from the car.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rickinthescv
DO NOT hook up anything to the RED wire on the car side, it will fry your dash lights.

Hook up the orange wire to the red/black wire. Tape up and do not use the RED wire from the car.

the red one already fried my dash lights now what do i do about the light replace the bulbs?
Old 03-02-2006

the red one already fried my dash lights now what do i do about the light replace the bulbs?
Oh, boy...
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Scott Civic
Oh, boy...
what? is there no way to fix that?
Old 03-02-2006

what? is there no way to fix that?
No, no, my friend, I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure your situation is just a blown fuse or possible relay. I'd be surprised if you totally fried everything. It's just been my experience that electrical problems with a car can easily turn into a car owner's worst nightmare. I speak from personal experience and I'm not implying that you're situation is the same.

I'm not much of a mechanic or audio expert, but you may want to consider taking it in to have a pro look at it. At this stage, you're dangerously close to doing some serious damage. That's just my two cents worth, though. I'm sure some of the guys will disagree with me. Regardless, whether you listen to the forum or take it to a pro, I hope everything works out...

Last edited by Scott Civic; 03-02-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2006

i fried my dash cluster and lights by hooking up the wrong wires...

if it isnt a fuse then your definatly screwed
Old 03-02-2006
Kung-Fu Kar Kare Master

fergsonfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright lets at least give you the proper hook ups so that it doesn't happen again.

Car side
Radio Side
Black
Black
White/Red
Yellow
Yellow/Red
Red
Green/Black
White
Light Green
White/Black
Green/Yellow
Grey
Grey/Red
Grey/Black
Blue/White
Green
Blue/Black
Green/Black
Pink
Violet
Blue/Yellow
Violet/Black

If you have an amp connect the remote turn on lead of the amp to the blue wire from the radio

Do not connect:
From car
Yellow/Green
Red/Black
Red

that is how your stereo should be soldered to the factory harness. Although I do not reccommend the route you went by cutting the harness. We should at least be able to get you accurate information. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Now as far as none of the lights being on I do not know hat caused that. I have never had electrical problems with my car because I am an electronics technician. So it is kind of my daily job. Anyways. hope that works out for you. Best wishes
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LowSky
i fried my dash cluster and lights by hooking up the wrong wires...

if it isnt a fuse then your definatly screwed
which fuse is for the dash lights? i see interior lights...but i think thats for head lamps