I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Q-Forms and Component install Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jack123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Q-Forms and Component install Question

Hello,

I was just wondering if the imaging from a q-forms kick panel is good?

I currently have a 2-way cdt ef-61 component system (woofer in the door and tweeter in the sail panel). I am thinking of converting this system into a 3-way component system. So in the end I will have the 6.5 woofer in the door and a 4" mid range woofer and the tweeter (re-located from the sail panel) in the Q-forms kick panel.
I am also thinking of getting the upstage kit to add tweeters to my dash so the stage is lifted. I really do not want to go through the trouble of creating custom kick pods, so I was wondering if Q-forms will do the job.

Also how do you mount the Q-forms to the kick panel? Do they come with clips like the factory kick panels? I couldn't find any installation instructions for these.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2006
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jack123
I was just wondering if the imaging from a q-forms kick panel is good?...... Do they come with clips like the factory kick panels?
yes to both
Old 02-21-2006
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
nice choice of speakers you got there man!!
I really like cdt
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

Thanks man....I had infinity components before, but the tweeters were too harsh for me. I haven't really had a chance to listen to other brands, but I really like the CDTs!
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

I have a few questions for people with q-forms and 3-way component systems.

I am upgrading to a 3-way cdt component system. I was thinking of purchasing q-forms to put the tweeter and 4" driver (for mid-range). Then I would install the 6.5" woofer in the door. I will also have an upstage kit (i.e. two additional tweeters up on the dash). Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have cancellation problems with the speakers in the q-form and the 6.5" in the door?

2. Since I will only have a 4" driver and a tweeter in the Q-form, do I still need to seal this? I will be putting dynamat on the back of the Q-form as well as the car body. But do I really need to seal the q-form? When you say seal, do you mean covering the back of the q-form with fiberglass?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2006
dcf
Registered!!

dcf is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jack123
I have a few questions for people with q-forms and 3-way component systems.

I am upgrading to a 3-way cdt component system. I was thinking of purchasing q-forms to put the tweeter and 4" driver (for mid-range). Then I would install the 6.5" woofer in the door. I will also have an upstage kit (i.e. two additional tweeters up on the dash). Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have cancellation problems with the speakers in the q-form and the 6.5" in the door?

2. Since I will only have a 4" driver and a tweeter in the Q-form, do I still need to seal this? I will be putting dynamat on the back of the Q-form as well as the car body. But do I really need to seal the q-form? When you say seal, do you mean covering the back of the q-form with fiberglass?

Thanks

I want to do the same thing! Come on guys - any experience with the Q-forms for Mids and Tweats and the woofer in the door?
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
In the past I had done a JL 3 way set, 4" and tweet in the kickpanel and the 6.5 in the door. Sounded nice. Imaging was very well too even without any time correction
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

Toaster is on a distinguished road
Was going to do woofers in doors as well. Not too happy with Q-Forms. My did not have clips. Each side had one screw to go though the sheet metal. Tried drilling out hole on passanger side broke a couple bits. Passanger side still not attached and vibrates. Did they change the design recently? Also the color was off. Maybe they have newer ones. Good staging though. Very even.
Old 03-03-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Mine don't have any clips either. Personally I don't think the imaging is so great either, nor is the stage height. I thought my car sounded far more focused with the speakers in the doors, and the stage was noticably higher.
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

I am going to install a 3-way cdt system with woofer in the door and midrange (4" driver) and tweeter in the q-form. I also have a cdt upstage kit (two more tweeters), which I will install on my dash to lift the sound stage. Hope this will sound good!

I just received the q-forms today. I was wondering how people mounted these? It gives me two screws, one is 1/2" for the driver side kick panel and the other is 2 1/2 " for the passenger side. I really don't wanna drill a 2 1/2" screw into the floor of my car. How did other people with q-forms mount them? Also whats the easiest way to cut a hole in the q-form for the speaker?
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
Installation should be easy. To cut the hole, you can either cut by handsaw or just drill around the circumference. Were you the one who sent me PM for info?
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

82801BA....yeah that was me. Thanks for your response btw.