I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sirius Pioneer Radio Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Sirius Pioneer Radio Tuner

Ok so I bought this while I was drunk...I thought it'd be hilarious to have Carlos Mencia in my car on the comedy channel and who doesn't like Stern?:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pione...oductDetail.do

I an a complete NOOB when it comes to installing electrical/ice. I mean I put my speakers in, but that's about it. There is a battery source, output to the Pioneer headunit I have (MP7700 btw), and an antenna out. The antenna is self explanitory. The power harness is where I'm having trouble. It says connect to "chassis ground". There is a black and yellow cord with this. I know the description is a little vague, actually very vague, I'm sorry. Has anyone put this in, how did you install and where did you mount the unit? Thanks for the help guys. If anyone is in or around Morgantown and wants to help I'd probably be down for food and give you some cash. Thanks again.
Jay
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
black wire is chassis ground, the yellow wire is 12 volts constant, which can be hooked up the the yellow wire at the deck.
Old 02-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i got the same for my alpine. it takes time because you run wires. The yellow goes straight to the battery. the black goes to a ground. I ran it to the engine bay too and connected to my fog light screw but any factory ground will do. the radiator support does well. then run the connector from the unit to your deck. like the alpine is an ainet and pioneer is ipbus i believe. mounted unit under console and antenna on roof.

Old 02-20-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
i glad i got the clarion one. all i needed to do was hook he satelite unit into my deck and thats it
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

OK, I don't know if I've made a decision. I want to put it in myself, but I have a feeling I'll electrocute myself, cut off a finger, or fvck up my headunit/car. What would be a good price to have it installed and how long do you think it'll take to run the wires, connect, get the job done by myself? Thanks again guys for the help.
Jay
Old 02-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it will take a while. took me 2 hrs but it was cold and i'm slow. it takes the longest to run the wires around and do a good job of hiding everything. but if you think about it all you have is power and ground and the deck hookup. then running the antenna (its magnetic). almost as easy as installing neons.
Old 02-20-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
if you disconnect your battery you cant electrocute yourself...

....well most of the time anyway...J/k

just search for the DIY for installing headunit (that will show you how to get behing your headunit) that should give you most of your answers
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
lol just try it nothing break so badly u cant fix it

im glad i got clarion also. lug and play wooh for CENET lol
Old 02-22-2006
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing to worry about, just dont touch the ground to the constant and youl be fine =) You can share a ground off your radio too, if you dont want to go into the engine compartment.
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

Will the ground just be the lone black wire behind the head unit? I know I know....
Old 02-22-2006
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, use soder if you can when you splice into it. Make sure you use constant power too, you can use accesory (red) but it every time you turn your car off it will reset to station 1, kind of a pain.
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
use the black and yeller off the hu