I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

HELP please~~~~~~!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueIce2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP please~~~~~~!!!!!!

What causes engine noise through my speakers???
and how do i get rid of it????
i thought it was the RCA cables too close to the power wire, is that true????
could it be the amp???
i have a Punch 4 channel amp and the power ground and mem hook ups are on the oppisite side of the speaker hook ups! and it still is giving me that awful noise that is gettin on my nerves!!!!!
and it is only happing with that one amp so whats up??????????????/ HELP me please

i searched for engine noise but couldnt find anything so if there was a thread earlier about this MY BAD i just couldnt find this
Old 02-17-2002
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
Well, first off, you should re trace all of your wires and make sure none of them touch anywhere else. doe it kinda rev with the engine?
-Ed
Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

Yeah it gets louder with the engine a whining that goes along with the revving of the engine
Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

Rebew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
This noise is letting you know that your alternator still works, so that is good. Yes, running power and rca's near each other are big no no's. Do you have a ground for each amp or are they both on the same point. Grounds are usually the culprit. Make sure that it is as short as possible and the same gauge as the power. CLean the ground off again and then reattach it. Tighten everything down again. You may even want to re-wire it. Yes it could be your amp too, but that usually is not the case. Ground loop isolaters some times work.
Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

so could it be that the ground and the power are close to each other ???
could it be that any of the wires are too close to each other????? and if so which ones
or could it be the ground wire are just too small???? i have like 10 gauge running in to a distribution block and then it gets smaller alot smaller??/ could that be it?????
Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

The ground and the power wire running side by side doesn't matter. If a power wire and a signal wire(rca's) run next together you get interference from the power wire. It could be the ground wire being too small. What gauge power wire are you running to the amp? This should be the same gauge as the ground wire. With the 2 amps I would run at least 8 gauge ground from your distribution block to the ground point on the chassis. Run all of your signal wires on one side and the power and remote wires on the other. Make sure the RCA's do not run under any of the amps and check for noise again.
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

well thaks for the advice i changed out the ground wires and it was still doin it
so i hooked my interior speakers to the two channel amp i have it i works now
so i guess it was my 4 channel amp ( damn amp )
well i guess i have to start lookin for a new 4 channel amp and throw my punch away
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

If you are going to throw it away, why not work on it. Crack that baby open and see it's inerds. Sometimes it is a loose solder joint and can easily be fixed. Or maybe you just need to replace a resistor. Use it as a learning tool or sell it on ebay.
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point

<< If you are going to throw it away, why not work on it. Crack that baby open and see it's inerds. Sometimes it is a loose solder joint and can easily be fixed. Or maybe you just need to replace a resistor. Use it as a learning tool or sell it on ebay. >>

hehe why not "Use it as a learning tool then sell it as NIB on ebay"

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]