I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Compustar 2W900FM-AS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Compustar 2W900FM-AS

I got a quote for the Compustar 2W900FM-AS w/ remote start installed for $550. Is that a good price?

I have one concern that I can not get off my mind. He is the only certified Compustar dealer in Baton Rouge and the only one that will install it on a manual, problem is he has never done one on a manual before. Maybe ill ride up there and take a look at some of his work and make my decision based on that, i dont know. What yall think?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

02SILVEREX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If he's never done one to a manual, then IMO don't do it. Did he mention a waiver of liability? The price seems high for an alarm remotestart, but it could be because it's a manual.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 02SILVEREX
If he's never done one to a manual, then IMO don't do it. Did he mention a waiver of liability? The price seems high for an alarm remotestart, but it could be because it's a manual.

*just reread what you said, so all that i typed below doesn't apply i guess, but i wont delete* Yeah, since he hasn't done a manual before, I can not be assured that it will be done correctly, especially since I have never dealt with this people before.

The alarm is manual transmission compatible, one of the few that are designed for auto and manual. I talked to one of the techs at Compustar and they said built in the brain of the module is what allows it to be properly installed on a manual, as long as they wire it correctly.

The remote start is set before you leave the car. In order to set it, the car can not be in gear and the hand break must be up, if not the car stalls and is deactivated.

Last edited by LuZi0n; 01-05-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-05-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
They're usually about $650. I got $50 off my install for being a Beyond member, and another $50 off for an unknown reason. I guess they thought it was an automatic which is $50 cheaper. So with tax I paid $595.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
wow up here in canada they are much cheaper. thats really wierd.

i think they go for 450 installed tax in
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
$500 sounds about right for here in CNY. Most guys around here hate programming them so they will sell a DEI unit instead
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

02SILVEREX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hey LuZion: No big, I've done the research on the comustar's. My last car was an auto, and boy do I miss my remote start . I've installed many, (about 5 compustars, and countless others too) and don't think they are that hard. The only things that can get to be a PIA, is the Imobilizer. If your not farmilliar with the systems, or on wiring, then your best bet is to get it installed. The average starter/alarm around here is $199-$250 installed, but thats for autos. Seeing the liability behind the manual, $550 is not bad a all.
Old 01-07-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
asdf

Last edited by DeX; 04-17-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2006
I HEART KATIE

Quantas is an unknown quantity at this point
i know its kinda an old thread but im getting the 2w900FM-A installed for a grand total of $450, no remote start but it has everything else
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Baton Rouge. You know EJ Brown, homeboy worked on my car. He has a red k20 ek affiliated with Hybrid Racing.
Old 03-18-2006
The black russian

hexed is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LuZi0n
I got a quote for the Compustar 2W900FM-AS w/ remote start installed for $550. Is that a good price?

I have one concern that I can not get off my mind. He is the only certified Compustar dealer in Baton Rouge and the only one that will install it on a manual, problem is he has never done one on a manual before. Maybe ill ride up there and take a look at some of his work and make my decision based on that, i dont know. What yall think?

Thanks for any feedback.
I got it done for 500$. On manual, works no problem, the guy initially installed the one u have even though i asked for SS version (more range, but older alarm).
Should have kept the version u have, it's better, and range is practicly the same. The only complain I have about the alarm is the range. If u live in city all that 3000ft range is bullshit, because it doesnt go through the buildings obviously. So really it's 3000 ft in the open
Yeah and that 6000ft range on the SS alarm is complete BS.