I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

why isn't this working?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
why isn't this working?????

I have a brand new alpine AINET/MBUS cd changer. I have a brand new alpine RF modulator with MBUS, and I have an ainet to mbus conversion cable. The changer is set to mbus mode and I'm trying to install it in an old accord that has a stock tape deck. When I plug it all together, it gives me an error code changer not connected on the display screen. wtf do i need to do to make it work?
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
Because you can only use Ai-Net to control M-bus, not the other around.

Can you let me know what model the change is? And let me know how you actually connect it?
Old 12-22-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay i got worked up over nothing. having no instructions, I found some on alpine site and it turns out there is a tiny reset button on the fm mod that needs to be pushed. Now it is working perfectly! I have the latest alpine ainet changer mp3 6disc. it has a switch to use either mbus or ainet but the cable is ainet only. so i needed a conversion from ainet to mbus so i could then plug in the mbus to the rf modulator. it all worked afterall.
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

catalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't the accord deck have a CD button? If it does then you can plug it all in the deck without the modulator.
Old 12-23-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
yeah but he drives a civic

btw, surrey WHAT
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

Guildford... Civic and Accord tape decks from about 93 to 98 were able to control Alpine M-Bus changer with a minor modification.
Old 12-23-2005
Premium Member

okay if anyone didn't bother to read the other posts, I am installing into an 92 ACCORD with factory tape deck. No it doesn'thave any cd button or extra connection in the back. Tape only. Again I already got it to work so thanks anyway.
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

I read it.. Just thought I'd mention because some people don't know that the Honda decks will control the Alpines.
Old 12-23-2005
Premium Member

i meant megahurtz he should know better haha
Old 12-23-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by catalin
Guildford... Civic and Accord tape decks from about 93 to 98 were able to control Alpine M-Bus changer with a minor modification.
Fleetwood/Guildford