I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pioneer DEH-P7700MP Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cyberburn311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pioneer DEH-P7700MP Opinions

I don't know if this has been dicussesd already or not, but does anyone have or know someone with a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP deck? Any opinions/comments?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	l130DEHP770-f.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	62767  

Last edited by cyberburn311; 12-09-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-27-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i sell that deck at work, its a decent deck with nice features but IMO the Kenwood MP7028 is better
Old 11-27-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i used to like pioneer, but even their hi end stuff doesn't compare to even a cheap alpine. completely different sound. i wouldn't even bother with kenwood they've taken a turn for the worse since a few years ago. sony, jvc, jensen all garbage. you want good sound stick with alpine, eclipse, clarion and some other hi end brands.
Old 11-27-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah pioneer is overrated alpine or kenwood IMO
Old 11-27-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
i used to like pioneer, but even their hi end stuff doesn't compare to even a cheap alpine. completely different sound. i wouldn't even bother with kenwood they've taken a turn for the worse since a few years ago. sony, jvc, jensen all garbage. you want good sound stick with alpine, eclipse, clarion and some other hi end brands.

u are right gearbox, but the alpine has a unique sound that IMO kinda sucks but to each thier own

also my dad has the Clarion VRX745VD, that thing is bad *** but then i got a huge discount on my deck and i love my kenwood, at work my boss says all the time that kenwood has great decks for 2005 the 2004 models really sucked, but w/e thats what he said lol, alpine supposedly ****s up fairly easily.....but i love alpine amps
Old 11-27-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i've always heard about alpine being quality. in fact i just bought a really old cd player on ebay. the kenwood if you don't believe me goto somewhere that carries em and start playing. I broke one in a couple minutes and the face wouldn't rotate back up. That can't be good for sales lol. The guy that was looking next to me said something like, glad i didn't buy that one.
Old 11-27-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I have the 7700MP in my car and I love it. Lots of features like changing the compression quality on MP3/WMA files. No complaints here.

BTW I've had many different decks in my car and this one seems to make me the happiest.

Last edited by WildRice; 11-27-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2005
Registered!!

vietfob714 is an unknown quantity at this point
go with the premier series... if your going to amp it, the higher voltage in the rca outputs sound better
Old 11-27-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WildRice
I have the 7700MP in my car and I love it. Lots of features like changing the compression quality on MP3/WMA files. No complaints here.

BTW I've had many different decks in my car and this one seems to make me the happiest.
What about the display in the 7th gen during the day ?? The Crutchfield catalog claims "won't wash out in direct sunlight" would you agree ??

I have always been a Pioneer fan clear back to the 9898-TR and before, for me they have all been flawless.
Old 11-27-2005
Premium Member

pioneer OEL has always been the best and brightest displays. and yes you can see in direct sunlight
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
my buddy has that HU and it seems to be great. i always went with pioneer (for HU's, not for amp, subs, etc..), in my opinion they have the best looking HU's, the best looking display's, the best menu features, and the sound is good enough for me. Alot say alpine sounds better, but i don't hear a difference. I tried an alpine HU (9855) before the one i have now (because everybody's always saying that alpine is the best) and i had a really bad experience. it didn't read a new mp3 i had made for it (tried it in my buddy's pioneer 7700 and it worked), the motorized flip face sounded like if something was grinding, and there was statik in my speakers when i went passed a certain volume, so that got me pissed so went back with pioneer and sticking with it.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CraigW
What about the display in the 7th gen during the day ?? The Crutchfield catalog claims "won't wash out in direct sunlight" would you agree ??

I have always been a Pioneer fan clear back to the 9898-TR and before, for me they have all been flawless.
Sometimes it's hard to see the display in direct sunlight in our cars because of the angle that it sits. But other than that at night it looks really nice, all the buttons and screen glow bright blue, it looks really flashy which I like.

Anyway about the motorized faceplates, I tend to stay away from those because they tend to be a hassle, I had two decks that were motorized and it was a pain in the *** to work with.
Old 11-28-2005
Premium Member

ya motorized for any deck is just a bad idea. one more thing to break.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
that deck shows you the voltage. thats dope yo.

its a cool deck it works it has 3 pre-outs. but pio will always be the volkswagen to alpines benz.
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

bump
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

bump
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Steggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
ya motorized for any deck is just a bad idea. one more thing to break.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I got the DEH-P9300 (if you can remember that), one of the first motorized face headunits they put out back in '02. I love Pioneer as much as the next man for headunits, but PLEASE buy a service plan because years of detaching the face will eventually cause the motor to fail to operate properly (face gets stuck down or won't eject CD's). The service plan will allow you to get your HU serviced, but it'll never be the same... After the first time you get it fixed under your plan, you may as well sell it as a refurbished item and upgrade.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

yourpalmike is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a pioneer deh-p6700mp

its pretty good.

the ipod interface is a piece of $hit though.

try alpine.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
My pioneer deh-p8600mp is awesome. I'd say spend the extra coin and get that one. Alpine is excellent too but I've heard they had their issues with certain decks. Eclipse is another great option.
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

bump
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

hawkz99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't remember which model I have but it's one of the DEH MP3 series. Anyways, after playing a CD for a while, it gets VERY HOT. The HU and the CD. Basically, I take out the CD, put it in the CD sleeve holder and after a while, I notice that some of the black cloth had turned to dust. I don't know why. Maybe there's no ventilation back there? But for regular radio, no prob.
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

sweet
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Steggy
Couldn't have said it better myself. I got the DEH-P9300 (if you can remember that), one of the first motorized face headunits they put out back in '02. I love Pioneer as much as the next man for headunits, but PLEASE buy a service plan because years of detaching the face will eventually cause the motor to fail to operate properly (face gets stuck down or won't eject CD's). The service plan will allow you to get your HU serviced, but it'll never be the same... After the first time you get it fixed under your plan, you may as well sell it as a refurbished item and upgrade.
same thing happened to mine, quite a PITA. i loved that deck and it let me down
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

bizump
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
My girlfriend HAD to have the deck with the dolphins (i dont know what it is about them dang ol dolphins), so I got her the 6400 (old deck, first with OEL, but new back then), it crapped out within 2 months. Power suppply went. And the face connections wore out very quickly too, had to press on the face to illuminate it. Then went thru a couple other decks for a little while, then got her another 7200mp I think, within 6 months, had turn on pop, turn off pop, just a pile of crap, another power supply. Got her an Alpine 7996 (dvd single din), its still in her car today after probably 3 or 4 years now working just as good as day one. Im not sure if Pioneer has fixed any of their problems, hopefully they have. They do have a nice User friendly format and bright and flashy, but as for sound quality, tracking, etc, they fall behind by a lot, even in FM reception. But hey its your dollar, you need to make the final choice. Good luck.
Old 12-24-2005
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Panasonic Maybe?

Look into the panasonic cqc7301u.... think it retails a bit cheaper than the 7700, gives you an aux(unless you want xm) 7 control eq, motorized face, and it looks sweet
Old 12-24-2005
Registered!!

civ10jbiz is an unknown quantity at this point
i've got the premier one in my vic...i like it and everything but now i wish i would've saved up for an alpine in-dash....o well
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

blk04civiclx is an unknown quantity at this point
i got this HU in my vic, I like it a lot. Only thing I dont like about it is that the volume is a bit slow in response. I have the RCA cable connector so i can listen to my ipod on it. Ipod sounds clear and crisp. I recommend you going to sonicelectronix to get it. Good prices and fast shipping. Also don't buy the RCA connector from them, its generic and it's a POS.
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

blackout881 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah my friend has that deck, its really good. I have basicly the same deck too, just one step down, and i love it. great sound quality.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I love Pioneer they are by far the best. You can't hear a difference between an Alpine deck and a Pioneer deck. I am a trained musician and there is no difference in sound. The only thing that is different is the $$ you pay. In my opinion, Alpine is pretty boring and not worth spending the extra $$ on. I had an old Pioneer in my 1989 Ford F-150, when that went up in flames the whole cab was destroyed except for the Boston Acoustics in the doors and the HU. Sure everything smelled like smoke, but it all still worked!

Quick Reply: Pioneer DEH-P7700MP Opinions