I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

To replace stock 6X9's ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan_G19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question To replace stock 6X9's ???

So I have my rear deck off for window tint, and I say....Self, whadda yah think about those speakers.

So now I pose the question to you fine folks. Will I notice significant gains from merely replacing my stock 6X9's? (read: deeper bass, louder sound, overall clarity at higher volume) My stereo system is bone stock now.

If so, can you recommend moderately priced speakers, that are available at my local Worst Purchase (bestbuy) or Circuit S**tty?

Thanks for the input.

Ryan
Old 11-06-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
get some alpines (cc and bb) or infinitys (cc) if those are you only places you can shop. both are some of the best speakers out there... hell my whole car is done with infinitys
Old 11-06-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
the stock speakers are no 6x9's they are 4x6's and i think they hit pretty well but new 6x9's will hit harder and cleaner i would go with rockford fosgates
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

EssEss21 is an unknown quantity at this point
rockford fosgates suck nuts, they were good until best buy took them. Def Infinity, Polk or Alpine
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you are runnng the stock deck dont bother. if you are running aftermarket with a little more power then deffinitaly go alpine. the infinitys dont fit without hacking the rear deck. And yes our cars do come with 6x9s they are just on the ex though.
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Im guessing you have a coupe and If so u have 6.5's in the front doors and 6x9's in the rear deck (so sry but EX's aren't the only ones with 6x9's, coupes in general have em.). Another thing is that only stock setup up is the worst I've seen in a car that was produced 2001 and up. Replacing us stock deck will eventually blow ur speakers, so u might as well replace the stock ones, and if you only replace the speakers ur gonna need more power (from maybe an aftermarket HU) to play em @ 1 on a scale of 10. So you eiother stay with wut u have or change out the whole thing. Just my .98 cents
Old 11-06-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
get anything alpine or infinity if you can afford them, just so the sound back there isnt so terrible. even a cheap set of pioneer speakers is better than stock. but stay away from sony, and the other bargain speakers
Old 11-06-2005

Originally Posted by spudracer326
....the infinitys dont fit without hacking the rear deck....
i didnt have to hack anything to fit my 6x9 infinitys
Old 11-06-2005
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LowSky
i didnt have to hack anything to fit my 6x9 infinitys
did you use a spacer for the 6x9's? if so, how thick was it?

if not, did you remove the trunk springs?
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
if you can get to the back screw then that should hold it down snug. My sub made my speakers loose ever 4 months. You shouldn't need any spacers for the rear. Doors can get 1/4 or 1/2 inch the lesser the better so that the panel is flush to stop rain or water from wasking getting onto ur speaker.
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
I have some Eclipse 6x9 4-ways and they fit perfectly and sound awesome with no amp...but like others I would recommend Alpine too but I love my 4-ways and 3-ways in the front. (I have an alpine hu, subs and amp but eclipse speakers)
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
What?! I can't believe people are recommending rear speakers. I personally don't use them and I think it sounds much better with fronts only.
Old 11-07-2005

Originally Posted by turboslug
did you use a spacer for the 6x9's? if so, how thick was it?

if not, did you remove the trunk springs?
the infinitys come with a 1/4" (i think) spacer all i used was that
Old 11-07-2005

Originally Posted by kornsined
What?! I can't believe people are recommending rear speakers. I personally don't use them and I think it sounds much better with fronts only.

its all preference
i tried an all front setup and i personally didn't like it. the sound didn't sound full enough
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Most of the sound comes from the rear since those are usually larger speakes, especially in our cars because of where the front speakers are located. I hear a lil more from the rear just because my leg is in the way of the speaker.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
do you guys have components up front? I personally don't like hearing the music come from behind me. I like it mostly coming from the front and if you have subs there are no "fullness" problems. With no subs I can see the use of rears. FYI I'm using Polk MM6's up front and 2 12" alpine type r's.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

Ryan_G19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I ended up going with some Pioneer 3 ways. They are decent, I suppose. Sound a bit better than stock in deep tones, but hella better in midrange.