I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Site of Interest: SoundDeadenerShowDown V2

Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Site of Interest: SoundDeadenerShowDown V2

Originally Posted by LayinLo
cool. can't wait to see the finished site.
Well, here it is! I think I finally got to the bottom of the asphalt/butyl debate and have improved the tests to more closely match the real world.

As always, if anyone has information to improve this thing, I'm all ears.
Old 10-25-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Stickied. This guy put some serious time/thought/effort and probably money into this site/project, it deserves some recognition. I've read through the site and it's really well done and very informative. Everybody go have a look!
Old 10-25-2005
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 to you
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
hot, i'll have to try this myself. i hate rattles! i just have 1 10" sub too! geez can't imagine the sounds coming from someone who has 2 12's in their car...
Old 10-31-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Very informative read!
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

Zeppelin8778 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome! helped make my decision.
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

Thanks folks. Always happy to see this helped someone. Let me know how things work out for you. I couldn't believe what it difference it made for me.
Old 10-31-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
you should submit this articile into car audio and tuner mags. You could make some cash.
Old 12-04-2005
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question that is related to this topic.

In our cars, once a trunk is fully matted what happens to our 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear deck when the bass from a sub(s) is pumping? With the trunk being matted (basically sealed) the only way to get that pressure into the car is through the seat cushions and through the almost solid deck lid. It seems like tremendous pressure in the trunk would turn our midrage/midbass drivers into somthing similar to a passive radiator, but not really passive. The pressure in the trunk should be plenty to forcefully move the cones of our smaller speakers, right? This must be bad for, and extremely hard on the rear speakers.

Do most people just take them out, leave the holes and only use front speakers?
Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by A03
I have a question that is related to this topic.

In our cars, once a trunk is fully matted what happens to our 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear deck when the bass from a sub(s) is pumping? With the trunk being matted (basically sealed) the only way to get that pressure into the car is through the seat cushions and through the almost solid deck lid. It seems like tremendous pressure in the trunk would turn our midrage/midbass drivers into somthing similar to a passive radiator, but not really passive. The pressure in the trunk should be plenty to forcefully move the cones of our smaller speakers, right? This must be bad for, and extremely hard on the rear speakers.

Do most people just take them out, leave the holes and only use front speakers?
I say take them out, if nothing else, for better SQ. Otherwise, consider making enclosures for them.

Deadening the trunk isn't going to increase the air pressure very much, unless you have a very leaky trunk to start with The bass will come through the seat backs, but a lot of people like to enhance that by removing the rear speakers.
Old 12-05-2005
A03
Registered!!

That sure is a pain. I suppose the whole trunk closing system would have to be revised to allow for enclosures under the rear deck speakers. I like the sound much better (with rear fill) than without it. In my car it seems very different and noticeable.

Thanks for the experiements and write up. Hopefully that company is hookin' you up with lots of free damplifier mat!
Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by A03
That sure is a pain. I suppose the whole trunk closing system would have to be revised to allow for enclosures under the rear deck speakers. I like the sound much better (with rear fill) than without it. In my car it seems very different and noticeable.

Thanks for the experiements and write up. Hopefully that company is hookin' you up with lots of free damplifier mat!
Sadly no. That would make it an advertisement and just add to the confusion.
Old 12-07-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
"She accused me of loving my car more than I loved her and got no comfort from my assurances that I loved her and the car equally."

"You will also be adding some weight to the car. In my case, just over one hundred pounds. I choose to look at this as the weight reserved for one super-model. Since it would always have gone unused anyway, it was available for this purpose."

"Damaging your hearing and testing the effects of sound waves on the human nervous and cardiovascular system takes careful planning and a lot of trial and error."

"Trunk one day, doors another, then the rest when your wife is visiting her mother in Ireland and you can take a few vacation days that you have been hiding."

lmao... awesome article, excellent in-depth research... very valuable asset to all of us here in the I.C.E. community...

you =

+1 for sure
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
nice thank you!!
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
It's been quite awhile since I've spent some quality time on the site so I figured I'd finally read this article... Very very detailed and this guy put some serious effort into that. Very informative!
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.
Old 03-04-2006
A03
Registered!!

I tried the damplifier mat.. so far no problems, and it's still sticking good. I siliconed the heck out of whatever close together metals I could find in the trunk, then applied the mat. Zero rattles on the outside, and the bass is pretty quiet in the rear outside of the vehicle. My sound is mild compared to most, but I am satisfied with the damplifier.. for my car, it does the job. Hope it stays stuck when it gets really hot out in the summer.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by A03
I tried the damplifier mat.. so far no problems, and it's still sticking good. I siliconed the heck out of whatever close together metals I could find in the trunk, then applied the mat. Zero rattles on the outside, and the bass is pretty quiet in the rear outside of the vehicle. My sound is mild compared to most, but I am satisfied with the damplifier.. for my car, it does the job. Hope it stays stuck when it gets really hot out in the summer.
I think it will have to get over 500F before you have any trouble with Damplifier