I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

getting constant power

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandenw is an unknown quantity at this point
getting constant power

How can i make my cig lights have constant power? is it hard to do that?
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

jb1004 will become famous soon enoughjb1004 will become famous soon enough
Hard wire the hot lead to the battery. There may be an easier way to do it, but that will work for sure.
Old 09-05-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
yeah pretty much you have to run new +/- wires for the thing. ground the black wire to a screw touching bare metal. run a wire from the red wire to the + battery terminal. no other easy way that I know of. There is a 12v constant on the HU harness but thats no good for accessories too.
Old 09-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya just run a new wire directly to battery. Would be cool actually to have the socket "on" all the time. Ofcourse you would only use power when something's plugged in. Its mainly setup this way for dumb people so their battery doesn't die from leaving something plugged in.
Old 09-05-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
thats exactly why you shouldnt bother re-wiring it. mistakes happen. i know my car, and i know i would not do it, but i still would rather it be idiot proof. just in case.
Old 09-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well ya i did it too for strobes and fogs so they turn off in case I forget. What I really hate are those stupid warning beeps and buzzes for leaving key in and leaving lights on. I mean, is that really necessary? I think you would realize you left the key in when you try to lock the door.
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

brandenw is an unknown quantity at this point
thats what i figured. i was just hoping there would be a way to do with out running a new wire. also i realize mistakes happen, but since its my car if the battery dies, then im the stupid one.. (i do have a larger battery) im not too worried about leaving something plugged in