I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

MTX Jackhammer! Don't they know when to draw the line?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't look real to me, never seen anything like that before, i couldn't imagine having to haul it in with a forklift. Oh yea, i'm Finally Legal today, 21 8/9/05!!!
Old 08-09-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
^^ happy bday
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I just saw that episode last night. WTF is wrong with the world?!! The volume **** was at like 30 that thing should have be alot louder than that, at that volume
Old 08-09-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Quite the sub. 300lbs?!?!?! And its right next to their ears, which is real good for your hearing
Old 08-09-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks MegaHurtz,
I don't think they really had it turned up that loud, i know that sub could hit well over 100 db's easy, first they said there was like 8500 watts, then they just say 6000+ when they tell the guy, they would have to install a new battery(s) and alternator also, those capacitors are not going to do everything.
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy B-Day Drew!!!!

That sub is funny looking. The Dust cap/cone looks like a JL w6/7.

You guys are right, it should have been louder.
Old 08-09-2005
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
DUDE that video was hilarious!

that kid was like...what the fvck am i going to do with this ****!?!?! and why would they give him a warning light thing? I would actually be embarrased to drive around with that thing in the back of my car. it looks like youre hauling a tranny
Old 08-10-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
that was metered with all the doors open and the trunk open. and it looked like they were using the trunk as part of the box. open up all your doors and trunk and put a guy in the passenger seat...then put the mike in the center console and see what you hit
Old 08-10-2005

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
ok how would that make a diff? i really dont know. is it a freeair sub?

from what i know, i would get worse numbers out of my w6 right?
Old 08-12-2005
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
that one was stupid.
6 caps and i dont know how many batteries.

dont they know that without a H/O alternator u dont have jack.
Old 08-13-2005

I'm sure they do know that though, you think about all the installs they do for all the famous people, do you think they pay them 10's of thousands of dollars to F*ck their brand new Escalades and crap up? Its a 30 min show with about 15 min of commercials, they're not gonna show every single thing.
Old 08-13-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
That is a bit excessive..can you imagine someone trying to steal your sub and then looking at it like WTF!!??
Old 08-13-2005
Registered!!

03whitecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
that thing can blow up the car with the right juice. that was an overkill.
Old 08-13-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by C2i0v0i1C
i think clarion back in the day made a 32 inch sub, can u imagine the air space that thing needs to even move
Blaupunkt made one, believe they called it the discus...
Old 08-13-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slowcivic2die4
I hit 147 db in my old prelude with 2 12 inch mtxs. Theres no way thay had that thing even half way up!!
I'm gonna go ahead and raise the bs flag on this one.
Old 08-13-2005
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
^^^ gonna raise the flag on that too...I hit 144 with four 12W3v2's....I know it's low, but two MTX's arent gonna go that loud
Old 08-13-2005
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Anyone else waiting to see masturbating bear (the dude did look like Conan...)
Old 08-14-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I saw this sub today in person as well as met mad mike from west coast customs/pimp my ride. I think mad mike was a nerd but the sub was pretty neat
Old 08-14-2005
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
I personally can't stand the show. All the cars they do on there are completely ridiculous...some of the stuff that goes into the cars on the show are completely WTF. For example, this sub, a juicer, a dog grooming station...I would seriously be pissed if my car came back with no back seat and a 350lb woofer in it, especially if that thing hit only 100dbs.
Old 08-14-2005
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Yeah but before the show the car was worth about $100...now he could probably sell it for 10 grand to someone on ebay.
Old 08-14-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mystic3030
^^^ gonna raise the flag on that too...I hit 144 with four 12W3v2's....I know it's low, but two MTX's arent gonna go that loud

you are prolly right, but i guess it would depend on what subs and amps he was using.

I hit 150.8 with (1) 15" RFL with a xtant 1001D.
Old 08-14-2005
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

I was basing my opinion on the fact that he was using two most likely low end MTX subs. I'm quite aware that he could have gotten that loud, but not with the equipment he was most likely using.
Old 08-14-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
mtx junk
Old 08-14-2005
Banned

on a poorly tuned velocity mic any kind of ****ed up numbers are possible. with the audiocontrol sensor I have seen some anomalies as well.

on the old termlab mic I hit about 147 one day when I was normally at 140 on a sensor, or 143ish on a properly tuned termlab velocity mic. if somebody was to tell me what they hit and it wasn't on a sensor mic (much more accurate), I wouldn't even really care, because the score could so easily be way off.

just yesterday I was running an SPL show using the AC sensor mic and for most of the morning the mic was taking normal readings, but as the day went on and the weather heated up, we started seeing scores take big jumps. we are tlaking as much as 12+ dB. my buddies car that does 169.8 consistently did 173.4, so that was the first indication that something was wrong. the actual cause for this we are not sure, but we believe excessive heat was the cause. anyway, the point I am making is that the mic isn't always accurate. 147 db isn't always 147 db. the only time I will give it 100% credibility is if it is a certified score.

also, contrary to what wayne harris said, there are ways to fool the termlab sensor system. there are 2 ways that I know of, one that I was told about personally from somebody very high up in the spl game.

so long story short, an spl score isn't necessarily all that it seems to be
Old 08-14-2005
Premium Member

sleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nice
Originally Posted by zachgeyer
mtx junk

If you have nothing better to say keep it to yourself. Especially when you apparently haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. Now on to the subject of this thread. The Jackhammer is an exquisite sub for SPL applications, dB Drag, idBL, so on so forth, when given the correct air space, enclosure, and ample amount of power. After all the worse thing for a speaker is to be underpowered....a major cause of distortion. I'm sure you will be able to check one out at the NOPI Nationals, IASCA Unified Finals. You will definately get a major bang for your buck if you've got the cash for this bad boy and no I am not affilliated or employed by the Mitek Corporation. Just a highly seasoned individual in the audio industy.
Old 08-16-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Originally Posted by sleekcivic2004
If you have nothing better to say keep it to yourself. Especially when you apparently haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. Now on to the subject of this thread. The Jackhammer is an exquisite sub for SPL applications, dB Drag, idBL, so on so forth, when given the correct air space, enclosure, and ample amount of power. After all the worse thing for a speaker is to be underpowered....a major cause of distortion. I'm sure you will be able to check one out at the NOPI Nationals, IASCA Unified Finals. You will definately get a major bang for your buck if you've got the cash for this bad boy and no I am not affilliated or employed by the Mitek Corporation. Just a highly seasoned individual in the audio industy.

Underpowering doesn't kill a speaker. Neither does harmonic distortion, at least not to the extent the people claim.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

gorillaman42o is an unknown quantity at this point
i would put like 6 of them in my truck
Old 08-21-2005

zach geyer, every post you have is only about 2 words everytime, and it's usually only, "Thats cool" "mtx junk" "me too", i mean come on, your just post whoring and it gets old seeing your name around here and you don't ever have anything construtive to say. I don't know why no one else doesn't see it, except for sleekcivic2004.

I'm not trying to be some a**hole, but it gets old.
Old 08-21-2005
Premium Member

sleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nice
Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
Underpowering doesn't kill a speaker. Neither does harmonic distortion, at least not to the extent the people claim.

Underpowering leaves a greater margin for distortion at high volume. Distortion at high volume kills speakers.
Old 08-21-2005

Originally Posted by drew22mader
zach geyer, every post you have is only about 2 words everytime, and it's usually only, "Thats cool" "mtx junk" "me too", i mean come on, your just post whoring and it gets old seeing your name around here and you don't ever have anything construtive to say. I don't know why no one else doesn't see it, except for sleekcivic2004.

I'm not trying to be some a**hole, but it gets old.
yep

Quick Reply: MTX Jackhammer! Don't they know when to draw the line?