I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

open or closed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002
ray
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ray is an unknown quantity at this point
open or closed?

I want to get a box. Which is better , open or closed and which subs are best ( for really loud , deep bass , no knocking ) And what is the difference between open and closed boxes
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Ray,

I would kindly like to direct you to your Local Car audio shop... They can get you through the basics and actually show you the differences between enclosures.. Also you could check out http://www.sounddomain.com pretty much the best resource for car audio information on the net.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Rebew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you referring to Sealed and Ported? If so, if you want tight reponsive bass get a sealed, for the ultimate lows get a ported, for good bass with minimal power go with a band-pass. Both sealed and ported will need a bit of power. Also with the ported you will have to figure in the diameter and length of the port for the best sound quality.
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicballer is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i had a bandpass setup, and it gets rid of all raddle. But its expensive, and wont respond to the really lows and highs. I would suggest an open set up, or even a custom sub box-custom trunk like i myself built! costs less than buying a box, and it looks great! i went with cerwin vega subs. they hit really hard, and they are reasonably priced. about 95$ a sub for 12". they hit 1000 x's better than pioneer...for H.U. i go for pioneer..and for amps i would go with Xplod's ... but thats just my opinion, and from experience

for more info on building your own custom trunk...visit the thread here on 7thgencivic.com -- http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=21&threadid=22731

or visit my DIY page with detailed instructions on building it for yourself...with dimensions ETC ETC...not the best but hey it works -- http://members.tripod.com/auto_motion/DIYcustomtrunk.htm

Hope i was of some help! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]