I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Amping infinities

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Amping infinities

I was just wondering what everyone thought about getting some infinity components 90 rms 270 peak in the front and some coxials 6x9's 110 rms 310 peak in the back. Would this be a good idea, How would it sound/bump? And what would be a good amp to do this?
Old 07-31-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
I have infiniti Kappa component set in the front (100w rms, 400w peak) & am using an old school Rockford Fusgate amp to power them up. I got 2 cheap Alpines for the back & am powering them off the deck.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just have infinity reference amped with alpine maybe 25wrms and it sounds great.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

yea i was debating either getting reference, or spending an extra 100-150 and get some kappas or cheap components.. I would love to Get some infinity perfects but they are to much. So would a 4 channel amp be good?
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard that the bass isn't real good with the kappas?Or you need alot of power to get them to play right. Reference is more that okay for me, but it is their bottem end stuff. Just do a good install and the speaker won't matter as much. Put some dynxorb pads behind the speaker, then make sure speaker is sealed around when you use a spacer, and cover the door with a layer of dynamat to plug most of the holes. On some songs, the reference I have with 25wrms can rattle the mirrors and still sound good.
Old 07-31-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
I just got some alpine type r 6.5 components and didnt even bother installing the midrange driver. i didnt feel like cutting the door up and crap so i left the factory ones in and ran the crossover for the tweets on a 200 watt amp. i have an alpine deck sending all the bass to the rear so the front factory 6.5s do a fine job of reproducing mids without distortion at high volumes; the sub in the trunk does a fine job of itching your nose hairs.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

i drool at those infinity perfects.. 400 peak power for just 2 6.5 speakers
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

ya i would love some of those.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

gearbox, what amp do you have for your references, i think im going with the same setup, but i need the right amp.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

its the cheaper alpine I think its called mrp-f240.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

alright thanks, infinity ownzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

ONe more question.. If you amp your speakers for say 50rms each speaker.. but the speaker can do 60 rms.. Will the head unit pick up the extra 10 rms? or do you lose it.. You know what i mean?
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

you lose it. its either deck power or amp power, not both the way you hook it up. Deck outputs internal power through speaker wires, and amp power through rcas.
Old 07-31-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by midnightblueEX
i drool at those infinity perfects.. 400 peak power for just 2 6.5 speakers
I have perfects, DONT GET THEM!! way too much power, even if u do all that gearbox said, ur door is still gonna rattle. Right now I'm powering them at about 75 watts each, I can never turn the volume up all da way, they'r way too loud and also the amp won't be able to handle them, heats up so much that if u touch it u burn ur hand lol. But their sound quality is A++. IMO 50W rms each is more than enough for our cars.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

Wear Ear plugs then and turn them all the way up and annoy the **** out of people.

Originally Posted by 01redJDM
I have perfects, DONT GET THEM!! way too much power, even if u do all that gearbox said, ur door is still gonna rattle. Right now I'm powering them at about 75 watts each, I can never turn the volume up all da way, they'r way too loud and also the amp won't be able to handle them, heats up so much that if u touch it u burn ur hand lol. But their sound quality is A++. IMO 50W rms each is more than enough for our cars.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

it would just be cool to be able to turn em up really loud at shows and meets
Old 07-31-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
I had the same set-up as gearbox...sounds great...switched them out for Focals in kick panels and a JL500/5...now I am even happier!!!!!
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

swkfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
fdsaf