I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

stock cassette player question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jennifer is an unknown quantity at this point
stock cassette player question

so i have a 2002 ex coupe that came with the stock cd player. if i bought a stock 2002 cassette player (instead of the add-on accessory one), do you think it would work still with the current cd player? i'm unsure seeing as how both radios have controls to turn them on. i'm desperate for help here. thanks!
Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

jay47 is an unknown quantity at this point
are u reffering to taking out the stock cd player and then installing the stock cassette player? I know that the stock cassette will work and the stock cd will work, but they will not work in the same car at the same time. The uninstall of the cd player would be fairly simple, but you may have to rewire a few things to install the cassette, but I'm not sure. Why would u want to put in a cassette player neways?
Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
cassettes? what are those things?

is that what we used to listen to in 1990?
Old 07-26-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
word
Old 07-27-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Are you talking about controlling a "CD changer" from a cassette player? Yes that will work.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

jay answered my question. yes, i was basically asking if both could work at the same time. no, i'm not looking to get rid of the cd for the cassette, i simply wanted both. i guess i'll have to purchase the accessory cassette player. thanks guys.

p.s. i have my reasons for wanting the cassette player, but it's certainly not for listening to cassettes! haha
Old 08-04-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
then what would it be?
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
c'mon quit tryin to hide it! you know you cant wake yourself up b4 you go without hearin your wham in the mornin.
Old 08-04-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zachgeyer
word
don't you mean 'word up!'
Old 08-04-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
stay on topic plz
Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

okay, my reasons are that i want to play my ipod through a cassette player as opposed to an fm transmitter but i want to keep my stock cd player as well.

sorry!
Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

RogerB is an unknown quantity at this point
Jennifer,

If you don't like the FM modulator, then you won't like a cassette adapter either.

Check out this link, fill in your car info, and it'll tell you what you can use for your car.

That link will take you to Crutchfield's website and show you adapters that you can plug your iPod into that will plug into the CD changer port on your factory deck. Crutchfield is expensive so I'd take a look at what they have, then buy it somewhere else for cheaper. But at least you'll know what to look for.
Old 08-17-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Just fyi, you can get a cassette player and then a factory cd player (just has a slot for cd) that you can connect as well and put where the pocket is. But you have to buy that extra; you can't use the cd player you have now. Anyway, I wouldn't use the cassette adapter. If you have an Ipod I would say best bet is get a cheap alpine deck that has the interface. Its so much easier that way and you'll have a better deck thats designed to work with the ipod.