I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pics of my new AVIC-D1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Make sure you bolt that thing down good, and secure your entire Center console unit

other than that looking REALLL good!
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

nawaf88 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll be putting the SE console piece on today. i'll get pics up when i am done
Old 07-23-2005
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nawaf88
no the navigation works fine while driving. you just cant enter in a new address while driving. It kind of has a favorites menu where you can put what places you want to go and it works but you just cant be driving and try to type an address.

ok but if youre on the FWY and you have a someone on the phone that is giving you an address to get to their house, a restaurant, or anything else. you wouldnt have it in your favs menu if its new information. especially if youre in a hurry you would just want to type it in. puting on the ebrake for one click may result in an accident if it actually grabs on to the brakes on the f-ing FWY. i just think that other companies have probably thought about this and PIONEER hasn't

my two cents
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

nitsuj1604 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats pretty cool, been looking for somethin exactly like that! awesome! but it doesnt play dvds...can you hook a pioneer dvd player to it? or would it have to be some normal dvd player that goes thru the A/V jacks?
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

MassMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Blahman240
come on now... Even people with alittle bit of electical background should know bypassing **** like this is incredibly easy.
Actually, it's incredibly impossible at the moment. Previous Pioneers used a standard parking brake input to unlock the input functions, while the D1 has three "layers" of security. First, it monitors the parking brake, simple enough, drag the e-brake, you're good to go. Second, because it is a nav unit, it monitors the vehicle speed sense (VSS) wire. You can be at a stop and view whatever the video input is (D1 nav drive is DVD, but will not play DVD movies) but as soon as you start moving, warning screen comes up. Lastly, and again because it is a nav unit, it monitors the GPS signals, they change, no video. SO, you can unplug all of these to unlock the video, but then you lose the nav.. Whew.
Old 07-24-2005
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
^ damn that sucks
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

MassMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, but its safe
Old 07-25-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Actually it's just plain stupid... lmfao. It's not like they are saving anyone, because then we just go out and buy a diff unit that can lol
Old 07-25-2005
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
From what I've heard the technology that Pioneer uses with the gyroscope is what prohibits it. Electrically I'm sure you can recreate the perfect scenario to allow it, however, the gyroscope is intended to compensate for conditions where regardless of speed the vehicle may not actually be moving forward at a faster rate (ie driving at an incline). Somehow when the video allowed to be on the gyroscope isn't functional or something similar. I've actually seen it posted on this site somewhere. Somebody will unearth it.
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

sepudo is an unknown quantity at this point
IF the only difference between the avic N1 and D1 is that the N1 flips out and the D1 is a double din than the D1 can be bypassed like the N1. I have the N1 and can watch dvd's and imput a new address, look up nearby movies, gas stations etc. Also, with the voice remote you can say what your looking for and the avic will reroute you while moving.

Dont know how much you paid for your D1 but I hope you considered the N1 also. Even theft is less evidant with the N1 since you can remove the faceplate.

The N2, which is the latest unit is like the N1 but includes real time traffic on screen through satellite connection, but also eliminates being able to watch movies while moving...=[

After doing research for about 3 months i found that the Avic N1 was the best unit for me and my needs.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

peimp is an unknown quantity at this point
so we can swap out our 02 dashes for the 05?
Old 08-01-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
paris hilton and me say Thats hott
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
paris hilton and "I" say Thats hott
would be the correct way :P
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

DustBuster is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering that myslef. So......
where are the pictures?
Old 08-01-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
blow mee