I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

rockford fosgate subs... good? bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
rockford fosgate subs... good? bad?

i searched but couldnt really find what i was looking for on rockford fosgate subs. my friend works at a audio install shop and he can get me a really good deal on some over stock RF subs, either "punch stage 3" or "power stage 1". whats the word on RF? they make good subs? hit me with some opinions.
punch stage 3
power stage 1
Old 07-18-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
they are definitely not my idea of good, but they aren't bad either... middle of the road product
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the punch stage 3's, lasted a year and they blew, wasnt under/over powering them either, the one popped and the other short circuited, so i got JBL 1000 Watt Gt series, they are bad ***, louder with the same amp, much nicer, i would recommend them over RF any day
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

pr0vidence is an unknown quantity at this point
I have two RF punch series 12" subs that are probably 7-10 years old. And those bastard SLAM. Perhaps RF's quality has suffered in the last few years but the ones I have are awsome. Unfortunately they need a HUGE box and I am not willing to give up that much real estate in my trunk (2 sq ft). But man, I had one of those in my Prelude and it was awesome.
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I like them. Their pretty decent and I have a pair of the HE2 12's in my car (equivilant of the middle between the punch stage 2 & punch stage 3) They hit pretty well and only had 1 problem with one of them blowing cuz I didn't break it in and slammed it right away so they blew in about a month. So I brought it back the BB and they gave me a new one and 2 years later they still work perfectly. I like them for the price and they r definatly a good product but there is some better stuff out there.... I dont think it really matters which one u get cuz their stats r almost identical. The Power 1 can handle a little more power but r u really going to but more than 500rms to the sub?
Old 07-18-2005
Kung-Fu Kar Kare Master

fergsonfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Rockford used to be a great company and make good products. However, the new products they have have become a much cheaper piece of equipment. I have an older RF sub that has never had any problems and hits hard. But, I will say that they are by no means an sq sub more spl. Id go with something like image dynamics, jl, high end alpine(type r or x), memphis, or jbl gt series and above
Old 07-18-2005
I'm taking over!

Big Rob has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have a punch stage 2 that I got from best buy. After I blew a punch stage 1 twice, they gave me a punch stage 2 so that I would leave them alone. I've only managed to blow that one once. If you get a sub from best buy GET THE SERVICE PLAN. They have had to replace 3 subs for me so far for free.

By the way, I thought that I would throw this in. Even thought my subs have caused me trouble I am not going to call them bad subs. All of my friends so far have enjoyed them. I however have learned a lot about audio since I bought them and I have turned into a bit of an audiophile. Therefore I am planning on switching from a single punch stage 2 in a ported box to 2 infinity perfects in a sealed box. From what I have been hearing, infinity perfects have some of the clearest sound around, which is really apealing to me. I have even heard that they can give a punch stage 3 a run for its money in terms of loudness, and it isn't even a competition in terms of sound quality. I'm not sure how they compare to the power stage 1, though. I have looked into the history of car audio and I do know that back in the day (late 80s and early 90s), RF was the audio giant when it came to subs. Those subs back then are still as good as some of the top subs they make nowadays. I'm not sure why RF isn't as good as they used to be, but I still respect them for what they have contributed to this industry.

Last edited by Big Rob; 07-18-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
I got 10"s Punches too and I think they sound very nice.
Old 07-18-2005

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
so all in all they're pretty good? i'm not looking for the very best but something that sounds good and wont break down on me, right now i have pioneers that i've had for a few years and i think its time to upgrade and i can get the stage 3's for about $100 each. i just want to know if they're quality stuff.
Old 07-18-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
JL all the way for me.
Old 07-18-2005
Premium Member

2004_sq_champ is an unknown quantity at this point
Rockford Fosgate subs are more for spl than sq competitions however, Rockford is good quality but you have to get the power cause they are on a completely different level than punch.
Old 07-18-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i believe that rockfords are a little pricey for the quality you get. i would go with JBL if you could afford it or even the Infinity subwoofer. so yeah if your gettin a hookup then get them. if you want decent quality then yeah they are ok. i would do infinity over rockford.
Old 07-18-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i got 2 12" P2s i had them in my Ford Probe and now in my vic and i think they hit HARD. im runnin them on a cheap little Lightning Audio 300wRMS amp. hit real hard on the inside of my car. like shakes my front seats but outside you bearly hear it. love it.
Old 07-18-2005
Abercrombie and Fitch

joescivic02 is on a distinguished road
i had the punch stage 3 and it sucked... kept on blowin on me.... everything was tuned properly
Old 07-18-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
overpriced close to comparble JL subs, I would opt for the JL since they are much much better IMO. listen to the P3s then listen to a W6v2 and tell me what you think. Even the P3s aren't as good as the W3v2s especially for the price. Or you can go other brands for even better price but not as well known.
PM MegaHurtz and ask him what he thinks (give him budget and what you are looking for) he can help alot more than me. he knows ALOT!
Old 07-18-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
or you can post in the thread and not pm me that's good too

Last edited by MegaHurtz; 07-18-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2005

hit me with some knowledge megahurtz.. $300-under what subs would you reccomend.
Old 07-18-2005
Banned

I like Phoenix Gold Xenon... they sound good, cheap, can take a lot of power.

they like a big box to get a good response though, 1.5-1.7 for 1 10", but if you give them the size they want...
Old 07-19-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Silver02EX5Spd
i got 2 12" P2s i had them in my Ford Probe and now in my vic and i think they hit HARD. im runnin them on a cheap little Lightning Audio 300wRMS amp. hit real hard on the inside of my car. like shakes my front seats but outside you bearly hear it. love it.
haha... a lot of subs can shake your seat. It doesn't mean its quality bass coming out of it. My one 12" infinity reference shakes my seats.