I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

better radio reception?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
better radio reception?

any way to improve aftermarket radio reception? Its okay but could be better.
Old 07-10-2005
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Could get and antenna booster like from wal mart, it helps
Old 07-10-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm thanks I'll check it out.
Old 07-10-2005
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
no prob you could also try radio shack or ebay? I know ive seen them around for like 10 bucks
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
when installing your aftermarket HU, did you connect the power antenna from the HU to the power antenna wire from the car harness, because even if we don't have a power antenna that goes up when you turn on your radio, we have a booster somewhere, so you need to connect that wire.
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member

ya i'm sure i did. the reception is decent, just could be better.
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure you know what your doing but did you play around with the different FM band modes (FM1 FM2 FM3 etc.)? Also is it a Pioneer deck? Because the tuners on those usually go out after a while.

...Also, you sound like a good canidate for Satellite Radio, Digitial broadcasting coast to coast.
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member

pioneer deck. it sounds like it did the first day. it has reception bars like a cell phone and usually 4/5 are lit. So its good just looking to improve. prolly not a big deal. oh yea i tried xm and hated it. terrible quality and programming, and my tuner broke in 2 weeks anyway.
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
not really. we have the stupid window antenna. when i tried every product out there and none help. pioneer and alpine have the best tuners as far as fm goes and they both suck. typically you will not get 1/8 the reception on am with aftermarket that y7ou would get with oem. it sucks but the only thing that worked for me was when i grabbed a conventional car antenna and plugged that in for a minute with it just hanging out the window. i ended up with sirius and havent put a cd in since and have no desire for am fm now. it just makes me upset when i listen to the retarded stuff they edit out i mean whats the diff between "grind on me" "grind with me"?
Old 07-11-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
double check that you hooked up that wire
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a civic hybrid antenna and mount it to your roof People are constantly asking if Im playing a CD when I'm listening to FM with my alpine.
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member

more info??
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member

omg almost $100 for all the parts!!

Old 07-12-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
it would look golfish
Old 07-12-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
but its like i said a conventional antenna is the best route
Old 07-12-2005
Premium Member

where would I put it tho, would it still get good reception under the floormat?
Old 07-12-2005
Registered!!

pr0vidence is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 05reverb
when installing your aftermarket HU, did you connect the power antenna from the HU to the power antenna wire from the car harness, because even if we don't have a power antenna that goes up when you turn on your radio, we have a booster somewhere, so you need to connect that wire.

FYI the booster is hanging off the rear window under the passenger side panel that's just above the rear deck. Found it a few weeks ago while ripping everything apart to replace the stock 6x9's.

At least, that's where it's located on the 05 EX coupe. Can't imagine it's any different for all the others.
Old 07-12-2005
Registered!!

nope you would want it on the outside of the vehicle. thats wht even though i could get the parts for free i just went with sat radio. im sure gearbox mr. ask me about any diy can figure out a way to do it and make it look clean. i would say your best bet for hiding it is between the hood and the windshield wipers
Old 07-12-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
um i know some of our antennas are in the back corner of our rear windows. you could extend that. if you look into the car from the back you can see when it is set. left or right i forgot.