I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

why wasnt this invented yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
why wasnt this invented yet?

a portable dvd-mp3 cd player?

a dvd-mp3 player head unit???

come on! imagine 9.4 gigs (dual layer) of mp3s on a single disc!

it would put those overpriced ipods out of business fo sho.
Old 06-17-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
they have both.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882107014 - $80
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0qkq1tB...?g=62600&avf=N
Old 06-17-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmph!
Old 06-17-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
its called a mp4 player
Old 06-17-2005
l33t h4x0r

Zoto724 is an unknown quantity at this point
On the nav/video head units be sure to read carefully though. The majority of them DONT play mp3 DVD's. Assume they wont unless they explisitly say they do. The biggest problem with Mp3 dvd's is organization. The majority of DVD-mp3 players dont have the abiltity to organize music very well, and much more time is spent seeking on the dvd then would be spent on an ipods hard drive. Pioneer has done an awful job of this in my opinion. I can barely navigate mp3-cd's on my AVIC-n1, plus it wont read id3 tags, which makes navigating all the more chalenging. Ill stick with my ipod for now, at least until someone comes up with at least as good of an interface for in dash.
Old 06-17-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I have mp3 dvd in my car... I never use that particular feature.... too much to deal with, it requires a good GUI (video screen, not a piddly little deck display) to cope with the mass of music that will fit on one. zoto is right, the software on the dvd player in my car is **** poor when it comes to reading and dealing with mp3 dvd's

The AVIC-N1 *SUCKS* for reading mp3 cd's... my buddy has one and I found it slow, cumbersome and generally unimpressive. For the amount of money that you pay for that head unit, there should be no expense spared on issues like that

btw, it is not called an mp4 player... mp4 is a COMPLETELY different type of file... it is a container format for combining different multimedia streams into one file. to call an mp3 dvd player an mp4 player would be quite simply, incorrect.
Old 06-17-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
well thats what the alpine and pioneer rep said would be stamped on the front of their decks next year mp4 so im not pullin it out of my ***. but i may be wrong
Old 06-17-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
just put the mp3's in alphebetical order by artist, and then by album. just scroll through the disc... this is how i burn my mp3's onto cd's. mp3 players arent that much easier, especially because the screen is so small. i have a dell mp3 player and there is no way in hell i can use it while im driving. most of the time i just make mixed cd's with 50 or so mp3's on it, even though its not full
Old 06-17-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
maybe they will put mp4 on their deck if they wish to support the mp4 format, but simply loading mp3's onto a dvd does not suddenly turn them into mp4
Old 06-18-2005
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
this is already invented......lol
Old 06-18-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
mine plays mp3 dvd's
Old 06-18-2005
Banned

so we all agree that this is invented and we can forever remember June 17, 2005 as the day where we all agreed. It'll be beautiful

and now i can lock the thread