I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

dvd/cd/mp3 players

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyguy050 is an unknown quantity at this point
dvd/cd/mp3 players

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what dvd head unit i should use with a stand alone 7" screen. I want one that will play dvds while you drive. Also, i was wondering, what is on the screen while a regular cd is playing in the head unit, does it just go blank or will the cd player automatically put a music background on the screen, or do i need to get something extra to do it? thanks!
Old 06-17-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I have a NESA DVD-8000 in my car, it has served me quite well. I am not sure how much they go for, but I don't imagine they are too expensive. I do not recall ever seeing a standalone DVD player that will not play with the car in motion, so do not worry too much about that.

As far as what is on the screen when a CD is playing... many car dvd players that I have seen use the same software for playback (including mine), and they just let the cd play, and have a graphic up on the screen (usually the manufacturers logo), with wahtever information across the top (track elapsed time, etc)... mp3 cd's they put up a list of folders on the left hand side, the contents of the folder on the right hand side, and some playback options underneath I believe... IIRC if you have any picture files in the folder that is playing (like a JPG of the album cover) they might show up on the screen while it is playing, I'm not sure. I think that if you try to "play" a JPG it will play a slideshow of the images in that folder with like a 10 second interval or something