I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

6th Gen Sedan ICE ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
6th Gen Sedan ICE ?

Anyone done a 6th Gen Sedan? I'm upgrading the deck (easy) and installing an Alpine 4 channel amp in a 1998 LX Sedan. Where's good passenger side firewall access and how do I run aftermarket wiring through the door grommets? I'm running new lines because I prefer it and b/c of an issue of speakers cutting out that I've narrowed down to wiring.

Thanks !
Old 05-02-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by coop
Anyone done a 6th Gen Sedan? I'm upgrading the deck (easy) and installing an Alpine 4 channel amp in a 1998 LX Sedan. Where's good passenger side firewall access and how do I run aftermarket wiring through the door grommets? I'm running new lines because I prefer it and b/c of an issue of speakers cutting out that I've narrowed down to wiring.

Thanks !
Last time I checked this was 7thgencivic.com
So good luck finding the like 1 or 2 members with 6th gen sedans here that probably dont post anymore.

anyway to answer your question go through the firewall with a grommet. run it through the car. pretty much the easiest safe way or doing.
Old 05-02-2005

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
well aware it's a 7th gen website, as I have a 7th gen in addition to a 6th gen. Just hoping one of our other members might have experience with the 98 installations. I'd prefer NOT to go under the vehicle with wiring so that's not an option.

Thank you for your input.
Old 05-02-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by coop
well aware it's a 7th gen website, as I have a 7th gen in addition to a 6th gen. Just hoping one of our other members might have experience with the 98 installations. I'd prefer NOT to go under the vehicle with wiring so that's not an option.

Thank you for your input.
Just checking
anyway never run wires under the car. even in PVC tubing its a bad idea. What I would do, and we have done with my and all my friends cars it run it in through the firewall and tuck the wire under the plastic trim on the outer edges of the car, under the doors and seats. Worked for my civic and my friends neon's, focus', and of course a jeep.
Old 05-02-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Remembering back to the last 98 I did, I beleive there was a grommet on the driver's side with easy access. Right under the dash.