I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

05 Coupe Sails on 05 Hybrid Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MackDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
05 Coupe Sails on 05 Hybrid Sedan?

Already ordered them, but hoping they fit. Not looking to make a killer system in this one, just a bit better.

Anyway, if anyone can confirm plug-n-play on just the sail housings, that would be great....

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2005
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
coupe sails wont work on a sedan.
Old 04-28-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MackDaddy
Already ordered them, but hoping they fit. . . .

Originally Posted by slick
coupe sails wont work on a sedan.

Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
what the hell are coupe/sedan sails?............unless u MEANT to say Tails?
Old 04-28-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MackDaddy
Already ordered them, but hoping they fit. Not looking to make a killer system in this one, just a bit better.

Anyway, if anyone can confirm plug-n-play on just the sail housings, that would be great....

Thanks!
WTF is sail housing?
and if you mean tail lights, you're dumb
Old 04-28-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Sail panels are the interior panels directly behind where your side mirrors bolt on.
Old 04-28-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J187
Sail panels are the interior panels directly behind where your side mirrors bolt on.
Did you just own everyone?
Old 04-28-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i do believe that the 03 ex sedans have tweeter pods in the sail panels. at least i saw them on majextichonda.com
Old 04-28-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ nope. my '03 sedan EX didnt come with tweeters...
Old 04-28-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
What about modification? I have the sails in my coupe and I'm wondering how different the A pillar is on the sedans, can't be that much is it?
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
for sedan you MUST surface mount them unless your tweeter mounting depth is 1 millimeter. The coupe pods don't work at all.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

MackDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I was indeed refering to possible tweeter locations in the door sail panels.

I'm sure I can make them fit with a little work. Thanks for the quite varied response pool.
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's doubtful. The power mirror plug is directly behind the panel. So unless you're planning on not having power mirrors...
Old 04-29-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Make your own sail panels with fiberglass, shouldn't be to hard a project, but then again I don't even think I've been in a sedan so what the hell do I know.