I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

trunk subs for civic coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scsikid is an unknown quantity at this point
trunk subs for civic coupe

hey guys. lookin into car audio. i am looking into subs... trying to figure out which is best to get.... i have seen some from jladuio that have a box that goes in your trunk just behind the rear wheel wells. http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/civic.html

i want these to give me the room to use the rear seat to fold down if i ever need to toss a body bag in there. jokin... but if i have to fold the seats down. is there any sort of loss in sound.. bass... etc? as apposed to having them up against the backside of the seat? i would think there would just cause of the direction. but at the same time not because its a low frequency and the sound will just vib throughout.... i dont know enough to speak about this so im askin for help! pls post!

thanks for the help

jlaudio civic enclosure
Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

bake is an unknown quantity at this point
don't know about that box it says its handcrafted fiberglass thats usually pretty pricey, but i would go around to some places to see what they could do first, somebody could build the same thing but out of wood and save you some money, i think if u want the trunk space take and mount the subs in the back corners and angle them towards the front of the car, and then mount the amp either on the side wall or with a false floor, just some ideas.
Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

scsikid is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a good idea.... i was thinking of doing something similar to dereks sub... remove the spare and drop it into the drunk.... but angling them sounds pretty good. i dont think you can get big subs though can u?

i dont really want so much rattle either.... so i gotta get a good box i guess.

thanks for the idea!

Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Hola,

Well JL Stealthboxes run at least $375+.. getting a custom tire well enclosure like 2k1(derek's) cal will run you about the same. Making one yourself if yer the crafty sort will run you $90 and alotta patients.

Cheers
Mohawk