I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

DIY: Installing Rear Speakers in a Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Does any one have pics of speakers installed in the rear?
Old 04-11-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Amer786, i Dont know about mountign depth but if you got infinity's then get a kick panel enclosure for like $100 off of ebay and save yourself alot of screwing around with the door. Your speakers are the ones with the seperate tweeter right? If so you'll get much better sound from the Kick panel.
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
QIUCK QUESTION ABOUT THE REAR SPEAKERS!
DID YALL HAVE TO DRILL NEW HOLES FOR THE AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS TO FIT?
OR WIL THE SPACERS FROM CRUTCHFIELD (SPELLING) WORK?
(SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS)?!?
THANK YOU
Old 06-02-2004
Official 7thgen Pimp!

kefka is an unknown quantity at this point
ok thats all good but how about removing a speaker from the rear of a coupe? if its already posted could someone link it for me? and no that link previosly posted doesnt work

Last edited by kefka; 06-02-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2004
Official 7thgen Pimp!

kefka is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kefka
ok thats all good but how about removing a speaker from the rear of a coupe? if its already posted could someone link it for me? and no that link previosly posted doesnt work

bumpbump
Old 08-17-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

UltimateWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
When will manufacturers find a way to install speakers so you can just unscrew them from the back side? (from the trunk area) DUH! With todays' technology and everything else you would think this could be done a hell of a lot easier than than the way it is now... Way to go Honda.

Old 09-01-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Yea, that's a b*tch to remove. Tore my hands all up tring to get that back panel out. Way to go Honda once again. The hardest part was the tubes and other wires on the sides getting in my way! They sure don't make these cars easy to work on but I suppose they don't design them that way.

Anyway, you don't have to remove the bolts on the side seat panels. Just use a long screw driver to pry the plastic tab up a little and just move the side seat panels out of the way. I tried removing one of the bolts and said "forget that!" So I found I didn't need to anyway.

Here is a great tip! IF you are replacing speakers you better put some baffles behind them!! If you have a sub in the trunk you could damage your 6.5inch speakers from the pressure. Baffles are cheap and you can get them at PepBoys. I forgot to do this now I have to rip my back dash out again and start over. Once my hands heal that is...

Oh yea, now my back dash rattles so keep in mind to make sure it's secure all the way. I may have something not right. Oh well!
Old 09-02-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Pop the deck and reinstall - sounds to me like a clip didn't pop back in when you reinstalled it the first time.
With practice, you can get the rear deck back on perfectly, first try...
Old 10-16-2004
Registered!!

lilravingmatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dang i read everything here... n the link for the coupe doesnt work!!! Is there a DIY for the COUPE???!!! it be nice if it has pix 2... wah wah wah help me!!! thx
Old 10-16-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
The DIY for 6x9's is the same for all
Old 10-16-2004
Registered!!

oh it is hmmm let me try removing it again(3rd) time... i m like so newbie... maybe i just scared 2 bend things
Old 10-17-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Yea, I know I am missing a few clips but I am tired of messing with it to be honest. I had to pull it out once again to remove a blown rear speaker and I left them out. I don't want speakers in the back, no need really. The back dash is a pain in the @ss to me. When I had it out this last time I installed a "Civic" logo to the third brake light which looks pretty cool, plus my light was out which I didn't even notice. So, everything is working now.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

omg i cant get it out... i remove the sides above the rear dashboard right... the sides next 2 the window... i see pipes... prob the sunroff water draining thingys.... then i loosen the sides(ummm the side where ur arms would be touching if u sat normaly) yea... n i pop every clip... can pull it out... pop up n pull out cant... removed teh brake light thingy 2 ... omg i try one more time later lol... freaken omg omg omg!!!! u know when i gave up i put it back in... i made one of my rear dashboard clip broke... cuz its not back in the hole!!! freaken civics! well i like it haha its my baby! n guess what it rained! free carwash haha =D anyways if ya peps have any suggestions plz ! btw i got a 2001 civic ex coupe ... the speakers are 6x9 i not sure it seems sorta 6x8 too o.0 correc me!

Last edited by lilravingmatt; 10-18-2004 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
it's easy to get the rear deck out once you have all the other panels off, you need to unfasten the 3 clips in the front that kind of swing out, and then loosen 7 clips from the rear deck itself and unplug the brake light and it comes right out, it's not very hard to do at all.
Old 10-18-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
it's easy to get the rear deck out once you have all the other panels off, you need to unfasten the 3 clips in the front that kind of swing out, and then loosen 7 clips from the rear deck itself and unplug the brake light and it comes right out, it's not very hard to do at all.
Keep in mind folks, some people have more patience than others...!

Easy my @ss.

I hate it, always will. I won't ever take it out again.

Just messing with ya Mega...
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

i did all that... u sure its that easy... the seat thingy(the plastic,on side, where our arms/shoulder would touch) is also in the way... ill take some pics tonight haha n show ya want i mean... or maybe i can get it out this time n i got patience... just hate the bass it like buzzz n buzzz n buzzz i thinking something on it or its just crappy bass ... there pioneers ...
Old 10-18-2004
Banned

the side panels? those have to come off
Old 10-18-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

My bass is so loud it drowns out the vibrations and other noises... Yea, if you have the volume low all you hear is Buuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz....Buuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Stupid Honda.. Once you remove your panels it's almost impossible to make them tight and secure again I've found. Cheap plastic, what do you expect?

I need some FatMat and Duct tape!!!
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

Angry rear dashboard!

yea i got to pump up the volume so the buzzz go away lol... but the peps in the rear is suffering haha k heres the pics...

this is normal

basically step 2 for me, removed that thingy

heres the problem!!!

heres my solution, is to remove this part... BUT i dont want 2 take that out... i not sure if its safe... i remove half way... next thing i know a black tape thingy strip was like ripping (i stick my hand in n felt it)... so i stop... hmmm any ideas peps? ...
Old 10-20-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Ahhh, you have the coupe! The Sedan just has part of the back seat there which appears to be much easier to move out of the way. Sorry, can't help ya here.
Old 10-20-2004
Registered!!

searching for the DIY for coupe... cant find it AHHH!!
Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
head unit

I just installed a kenwood kdc-mp425, everything works on the cd player, but now my dimmers don't work. Can someone help me out? oh and this guy from best buy gave me a wiring harness for a 98 and up civic and i don't think there is enough wires on it. the wires i got with the kenwood harness has more than the harness the guy at best buy gave me.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

dchalifoux7 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks there is no directions for the coupe... grrr... Wish me luck peeps!!! If I can't get it I'll just take it to the flea market. They do it cheap!!! =)
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

dchalifoux7 is an unknown quantity at this point
woo hoo... I got it all installed on the coupe and finished up and did it in about an hour. NOt bad not bad and no it wasn't hard at all... Just don't forget to un hook the brake light... I did and broke the little teeny weeny clip. But anyway the bar wasn't in the way either in the trunk, just don't get 6x9s that have a huge magnet. Then they won't fit at all. Also don't forget to unscrew the panel... there is a little one right under the handle in the back. ha ha and those panels bend real good! I am so surprised I didn't break them... see I didn't take off the side panels completely so I was turning and bending them big time... kind of a dumb idea but oh well I'm ghetto like that. =)

one more thing!!! The white clips or whatever you call them can pop off of the panel when taking them off... I am assuming that peeps didn't put them back in place when putting the panel on.. those who complain of ratteling.. They slide back on real easy. have fun!! and be patient and don't let your girl friend or wife come around cuz they will go " Oh **** you're going to break something" and "damn do you know what you are doing for sure??".. it will only shorten your kindness and sweetness for her... send her to get her hair did or something

Last edited by dchalifoux7; 11-28-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Sorr, a little late, but here's a diy for the coupe:

http://www.madstatic.com/2k1civic/diy/rdeck/
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

thank Q very much finally!!! n i just got my alpines 2 days ago ^_^
Old 12-11-2004
Registered!!

VooDoo_CiviC is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have DIY for coupe rear 6x9 ??? please post me or link me.. thanks
Old 12-11-2004
Registered!!

VooDoo_CiviC is an unknown quantity at this point
OH nevermind found one. thank's PEOPLE
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

Jeff B has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I looked at ghost's DIY but I was wondering if anyone had a problem with new 6x9's being too big to fit? I got some new one's and now I realized that they wont fit without a spacer because of the trunk torsion bars. The new problem created is that I dont know if my rear deck will fit back on with the speakers spaced... Anyone had some experiance with this?
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

chavalo89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: Installing Rear Speakers in a Sedan

Thanks so much for this post. It helped me heaps. It was a huge to pain to remove the rear speakers, it was worth it but. I got alpine type-R 6.5 in the back now

Quick Reply: DIY: Installing Rear Speakers in a Sedan