I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

CD Deck install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LX-Civic-01 is an unknown quantity at this point
CD Deck install

Hello everyone,
i am installing a cd player into a 01 civic LX. i have the wiring harness and i have installed the install kit for the framing. i just need to bolt the player in and hook up the wires. i plug the harness into the stock adapter then it leaves me with theses loose wires and they obviously dont wire directly to the pins on the back of the deck. Can anyone help me on how to plug the wires to the back of the deck using the wire harness?
Old 01-22-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
you only need to connect 11 wires,
8 speaker wires
power constant
power remote (or else you will get crappy reception)
ground

you dont need to hook up dimmer or anything else...make sure those are correct and your done.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

LX-Civic-01 is an unknown quantity at this point
cd install

How do i connect the wires is my question? cause if i just plug them into the little pins its really loose. (slide the wire casing over the pins). and what pins do i connect what wires to?
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
As Alex pointed out, not all of your wires will be used. My Pioneer deck has a wire (orange, I think) for connection to a dimmer circuit, but since that's not needed, I just folded the wire back into a loop and taped it so that it wouldn't touch anything behind the deck. If you've crimped all of your speaker wires, your power (B+, usually red) and switched power (usually yellow) into the wiring harness, you should be fine.

You can also crimp your ground connector (B-, usually black) to the wiring harness, but several members here have recommended connecting the ground wire directly to a bolt behind the power outlet panel -- that's what I did when I upgraded my head unit a couple of months ago.
Old 01-25-2005

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
not sure he understands based upon responses thus far...

LX: there are two wiring harnesses involved. One connects to the vehicle (where the stock radio used to), the other harness plugs into the back of your new deck. It's wiring on these harnesses that you need to connect together.

You can use what are termed "butt" connectors to crimp connect the necessary wiring OR you can solder (which is the most work but best result) the wiring together. The deck should have a wiring diagram explaining what each wire is for, and the vehicle harness should have one as well. take the remaining wires, cut any visible copper off, and tape them together usign black electrical tape to isolate them and for any future need.

If you have the traditional 4 speaker setup - it's as Alex053 describes it - you're connecting power, remote, and ground in addition to 2 wires per speaker being powered.