I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Radar detector hook-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DetroitCivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Radar detector hook-up

Ok here's my situation, me having to be different than most people decided to hardwire my radar detector to my fuse box. But it wasn't directly hooked up, i wanted to have a nice switch to flip on whenever i wanted my radar detector on. The switch i bought has an LED red tip on it so it goes pefectly with my cd player. I have been staring at the switch for weeks trying to figure out how to hook this thing up. The switch came with three metal prongs, 1-power 2-accessory 3-ground. I have a wire coming from my fuse box hooked up to the power prong on the switch. I spliced the cable that came with the radar detector to hook it up to the cigarette lighter and have the red wire hooked up to the accessory prong on the switch and the black wire grounded. I also had to ground the switch so the LED lit up. I don't know if u understand all of this, but only the LED switch lites up, but my radar detector doesn't turn on. I have no idea what to do and any help at all would be great.