I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17A1R is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Gauge cluster

Hey guys I need help, I have heard from someone who referred me to this site to ask about how to change the color of the gauge cluster I was just gonna buy aftermarket gauges but I was told you can change the color of the stock gauges somehow? Any help would be great! I want them green if you need to know that...
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
A few members here have done LED guage cluster conversions. Gearbox is one of em, and another is an electrical engineer from toronto, forgot his nick. Gearbox did all in blue and the other dude did I think white / red. Its a lot of work but looks really good.

Other then the led route you can buy these EL glow guage overlays that glow green (sorta like watches glow green) they are usually on white face guages. You can find em on ebay but if your in canada there all mp/h based. Frankly I think the EL glow ones look tacky and are way to bright (even though some have a dimmer) I got an 01 lx, and would love to have 02 guages since there plug and play,

if you search led guage you'll find some pics of people convertin there guages. Its a lot of work though
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
btw this should be in Lighting

ELAudio

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167977
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
A few members here have done LED guage cluster conversions. Gearbox is one of em, and another is an electrical engineer from toronto, forgot his nick. Gearbox did all in blue and the other dude did I think white / red. Its a lot of work but looks really good.

Other then the led route you can buy these EL glow guage overlays that glow green (sorta like watches glow green) they are usually on white face guages. You can find em on ebay but if your in canada there all mp/h based. Frankly I think the EL glow ones look tacky and are way to bright (even though some have a dimmer) I got an 01 lx, and would love to have 02 guages since there plug and play,

if you search led guage you'll find some pics of people convertin there guages. Its a lot of work though
How can I get in touch with Gearbox or find out where to get the LED conversion? Thanks again for all the help and sorry that this is not in Lighting
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Just pm him here is a link to his members ride linky
just go to where it say private message gearbox.

Last edited by realitycheck; 12-23-2004 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

ArthurBrazil will become famous soon enoughArthurBrazil will become famous soon enough
good job 7thgeners helpin sum1 out
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

Thanks again for all the help guys!! My car is on Car Domain under this same name if you wanna check it out sometime!!
Old 12-23-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
link us.. we are waaaay to lazy
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
unless ur gonna give out free stuff for goin to look at ur car no one is gonna go look for it :-) post up a link and u'll get people lookin :-p welcome to the board
Old 12-24-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by againifall
link us.. we are waaaay to lazy
hahah so true.

Truthfully I think the LED conversion is too much for the average person unless you know a bit about soldering and enjoy f ucking around with electronics, I think you also run into space issues, taking apart your guages is a lot easier then putting em back togheter and getting that flush look. also, personally I like to drive with a dark cabin, LED's are little too bright for me, youd have to sand them down real good.

What I always thought would be intresting is if the Tach's LED's lit up one by one as you hit each x1000 rpm.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

Heres the link to my car guys take a look if ya like, thanks again for all the help! D17A1Rs Car