I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

DEI (viper) authorized installer question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004
Don't Listen To What Anyone Says, It's Ok To Be Jealous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrivenConcepts should not be trusted
DEI (viper) authorized installer question

i have a viper 790xv. if my trunk release is hooked up to the auxilary wire RED/WHITE, then where would i hook up the window roll down module(530T)?

i searched but no answers
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

bzrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Channel 4 is on a 3 pin harness that is normally not used. The wire you are looking for will be violet/black, the other two wire are gray/black and light green/black (wait to start input and factory alarm disarm output). If you had the alarm installed i guarantee that harness isnt hooked up. They MAY have given it to you in the box, but probably not. Channel 4 is operated by pressing the * and aux buttons together. Channel 4 is set to 'validity' by default (the type of input you need), so no additional programming is neccesary, but you will need to put a diode on the orange 'ground when armed' wire (cut the wire to the starter kill, connect the alarm side of the wire to the 530t orange wire and the banded side of a diode (i think, verify operation before soldering), then connect the other side of the diode to the other side of the wire you cut (to the starter kill)). If you dont diode isolate that wire your windows will roll up when you turn the car off, not when you arm the alarm. I had this exact setup in my civic, so if you have any specific questions, i should be able to answer them for you.
Old 11-28-2004

nwice thats exactly the answer i need. i have one last question, is the setup the same as well?? in normal installtion, you press the button for 1sec and it rolles down one inch. youe press it down for 3sec and it rolls all the way down. is this the same operation??
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

bzrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
yup, exactly the same, you'll just be pressing 2 buttons at the same time. I found it easiest to put the brain for the module in the kick panel and run the wires into the door and catch all the window control wires in the door, since you have to bring most of them into the door anyway.
Old 11-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
awesome info
Old 11-28-2004

thanks for the info. yea the installer for my alarm decided that he would halfass it because it was an employee purchase. wires were everywhere. so decided to rip everything out and redo it myself. ima take my whole dash out and actually integrate it into my factory wires so nothing shows
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Nice..
hondasux, you had it professionally done??