I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

What song would you use for SQ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
What song would you use for SQ?

I was inspired by the Hotel California thread to start this one.

If you could only pick one song to show off your system to an SQ freak, what song would you pick?

I assumed I would immediately know my answer, but I don't.
Old 10-12-2004
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
I dunno about one particular song...I use different songs to tune different things. For example, I know everyone will say that rap is bad to show off your system, but I have used the baseline fom "Forgot About Dre" to tune my transition from midbass to bass...and to try and keep my bass "upfront". The song has a bassline that rapidly changes notes distinctly (if that makes any sense), which helps me to try to get all the notes to sound in line with the others.
Old 10-12-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
Pink Floyd- either "The wall" or "Hey you" works pretty good.
Old 10-12-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Pink Panther Theme

Spanish Harlem

The whole USACi SQ CD pwnz j00
Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
forgot about dre is good fonto

i picked up a cd that has instrumental music, like classical and marching band music
Old 10-12-2004
Registered!!

Adawg is an unknown quantity at this point
disregard

Last edited by Adawg; 10-12-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
It is not up to you (not that I've seen) anyway with the SQ track selection, the judge picks something that he knows and can consistently judge each car with, something that is suited to his tastes and listening experience.
Old 10-12-2004

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by fonto
I dunno about one particular song...I use different songs to tune different things. For example, I know everyone will say that rap is bad to show off your system, but I have used the baseline fom "Forgot About Dre" to tune my transition from midbass to bass...and to try and keep my bass "upfront". The song has a bassline that rapidly changes notes distinctly (if that makes any sense), which helps me to try to get all the notes to sound in line with the others.
Anyone that says rap doesn't show a good system, play them some Aesop Rock.
Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Legend of Zelda soundtrack.
Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
It is not up to you (not that I've seen) anyway with the SQ track selection, the judge picks something that he knows and can consistently judge each car with, something that is suited to his tastes and listening experience.

he didn't say anything about a judge...........just a audio freak
Old 10-12-2004
Banned

In that case an SQ freak would bring their own track most likely

Or compare their own with one of your choice
Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
something that isnt burned unless it is as good of quality as a pre-recorded cd..
Old 10-12-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Either some Manheim Steamroller or Trans-Syberian Orchestra (How ever you spell it). If I couldn't use those, I'd use something like some Diana Krall or Dan Steele. If those weren't available, I'd use somethingelse I know how it's supposed to sound, and tune to sometimes in Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water CD.

Last edited by PopcornPlaya; 10-12-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Bad boys bad boys, watcha gonna do...
Old 10-12-2004
DDC Representa

AnaRki is an unknown quantity at this point
bump westside connections.
Old 10-12-2004
make it a habit

vivid_BLUE will become famous soon enough
i sometimes use orchestrated music
Old 10-13-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
The Roots - Don't say nuthin'
the bass is so freaking nice
Old 10-13-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
Legend of Zelda soundtrack.
Hell yeah.
Old 10-13-2004

alex053 will become famous soon enough
alot of tracks by dire straits, dada, and fuel "shimmer" all come to mind

for bass.....either anything from the south (big tymers, lil wayne, juve, ect) or the oak town....too short or ant banks.
Old 10-13-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
albums:
dire straits - sultans of swing,
jamiroquai - travelling without moving,
deftones - white pony
pink floyd - dark side of the moon
I've got a few remastered jazz albums i use
bjork - greatest hits
eagles - hell freezes over
ministry - psalm 69
nofx - the decline (only respectably recorded punk EVER)
The Roots - the roots come alive

its usually all these and then another hour of random pushing buttons to get it to sound even HALF decent
Old 10-13-2004
Premium Member

Wow, I still can't decide what song I would use. I've got a bunch of good ones but not one perfect one.
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
I have a DVD produced by Alpine last year to promote 5.1 audio that has awesome SQ tracks, thats what I use to tune my system, or the Eagles Live. LOL
Old 10-13-2004

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
Underworld - River of Bass
Old 10-13-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
I have a DVD produced by Alpine last year to promote 5.1 audio that has awesome SQ tracks, thats what I use to tune my system, or the Eagles Live. LOL
Where'd you get it?
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

faultyscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LudlamTheory
albums:
jamiroquai - travelling without moving,

good choice! I used it for a large portion of my SQ tuning!
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
wow, good call on river of bass, not for a Sound Quality entusiast, but its a dang hard one to make sound good!

a lot of the california boys over here use Nora Jones - Dont Know Why.

For true audiophiles, I prefer the recordings I play to have both accoustical guitar and piano, as well as a quiet drumset (played piano, not forte) and female vocals. Thats what id search for.

not to mention be well recorded and no synthesized beats.
Old 10-13-2004
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
I just bought the Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, and I would have thought that it would have good for SQ, but it is not...some of the voices on the songs sound distorted when they hit an elevated note, even though my volume was moderate...it just sounds like there is distortion in the recording...which can make it seem like my system is distorting.
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably has to do with the clipping wars the recording industry has going on where they increase the volume of the recording to the point where some of it clips. They hope the cliping isn't noticable but depending on how far they go can make a big difference.

I just had an idea. How about people scour the internet for free music to create a compliation disk for sq tuning and just plain good listening? Maybe we should start a thread.

I believe there are bands out there that have good recordings on line that give them out for free.
Old 10-14-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
since i have a boner for linkin park, my settings are usually set to make their style music sound better since its usually their CD's i'm listening to. however KRWLNG (re-mix of crawling) seems to set a good SQ for most any music i listen too.
Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tbaleno
How about people scour the internet for free music to create a compliation disk for sq tuning and just plain good listening?
because 90% of the time, "free music" and "well recorded" dont exist in the same sentence

much less carry all the features we come to expect in audiophile grade musics.

Quick Reply: What song would you use for SQ?