I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

amp wont turn off

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VP Stylee is an unknown quantity at this point
amp wont turn off

i dearched but i couldnt find anything on this. until yesterday my sub wouldnt work, we figured ut i needed a radio wire. so we ran the white /red wire and it was all good, sub was bumpin loud no cracklin no nothin, i went out later yesterday night and the amp was still on, odd i thought, paid it no mind. i went out to get something from my car during school today and checked again and still. it was on. i came home from school and unplugged the power wire to shut it off because i prefer my battery to have power but what did i do wrong wiring it. car is a 2004 vp coupe
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you hooked up the remote wire. Basically if this wire has power, the amp will turn on. Whatever you hooked it to must be on all the time. You need a switched power source that is only on when the radio is on. Generally this is the blue/white wire off the aftermarket HU. Otherwise you need to tap into some other switched wire that is tied to the ignition so that its only on if the car is on.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

yea i know but which one is it on stock HU
Old 10-06-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I would suggest using the yellow red which is the switched power wire for the HU. There IS a wire for the power antenna, but AFAIK it will only switch on when the radio is on.

Easiest way to check is with a volt meter or test light at the antenna booster which is located under the C pillar panel on the passenger side. Try all the wires and see if any has power when the deck is on and is in CD player mode. Also make sure that it it loses power when you turn the deck or car off.

It might be easier to tap the wire from back there and run it into your trunk rather than run one all the way from the front. If not though, use the red/yellow wire from the deck.

FYI: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=153833
Old 10-10-2004
Registered!!

lowlowcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I usually just run my remote wire to the radio fuse. That way, the only time the amp will have power is when the acc is on. You could also run it to any other fuse that only gets power when the car is on, such as power windows (if you have them).
Old 10-10-2004
Registered!!

just fixed it yellow red is the wire circuit city uses so i tried that and it works perfect. nice clean bumps. i love it
Old 10-12-2004
wut time is it now

2slow2run is an unknown quantity at this point
dood do u noe how to hook up amps man?
i didnt even noe u can hook amps to the stock radio
if u have a deck check the manual
n dont even think bout pluck'n wires
best if u acturally buy the harness and ull get more poewr for better reesults
Old 10-12-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
just run the remote wire to the fuse box under the steering column. find a fuse that only works when the car is on.
Old 10-12-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Hook the remote up to a switched source. f you're running a stock HU, a good, and easyil accessable place you can use is the cig lighter/accessory plug. It's easily accessable is why I say this. There are several options, but getting to this seems to be the easiest place. You pop the panel off down there, and there it is. Again, it's not the only place, but it's an easy place to use. Whatever you decide, make sure it is a switched source.