I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

audio system

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004
Don't Listen To What Anyone Says, It's Ok To Be Jealous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrivenConcepts should not be trusted
audio system

what is truley the best system i can buy. i really like concept but noones ever heard of them. i hate sony/alpine cause everyone has them. i heard about directed and i looked at their specs and it sucks.
Old 10-05-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
All depends what you wanna do - if you wanna kill all birds with one stone, get an AVIC-N1 and then get good speakers, amp them, and a couple nice subs and you're done.
Old 10-05-2004

no i dont need a cd player im really looking for components, subwoofers, and amps
Old 10-05-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Alpine F#1 Status is way up there when properly installed and tuned.

For head units, Clarion's flagship CD player (unsure of model #, but someone here on the board has it) is definitely head of it's class. The Denonford (Rockford Fosgate 8250 I believe? Correct me if I am wrong somebody) is an excellent, excellent deck as well. Pioneer AVIC-N1 is a great deck features and coolness wise, but I could not imagine it even coming close to the SQ of the top end decks out there.

For speakers, MB Quart QSD, Phoenix Gold Ti Elite and Focal Utopia are at the top of the class.

For amps... Audison and McIntosh are the best SQ amps that I know of. There are others but off the top of my head that is what I can think of.

For cables... most are pretty good. There are some out there that truly kick *** but I haven't seen the same type of insane market for car audio/video cables that I have for home audio/video cables. There are many different kinds and you'd have to do some research to see what you should be running.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
There are a couple of local dealers that carry them. I'll have to go check them out ....
Old 10-05-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Are you talking about the Clarion DZX945?? Touch screen one?? Yeah, I was thinking about getting that one but I ended up ordering the Pioneer 860mp premier...
The only thing I didn't like about clarion was the touch screen.
Old 10-05-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I am referring to the DRZ9255, a REAL high end deck
Old 10-05-2004

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hondasux
what is truley the best system i can buy. i really like concept but noones ever heard of them. i hate sony/alpine cause everyone has them. i heard about directed and i looked at their specs and it sucks.
Make up your mind, do you want a great audio system or one not everyone has? Popularity is no reason to hate alpine. Sony? you don't need a reason to hate sony. But don't **** on alpine because people have their products.
Old 10-05-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
actually, go ahead and hate on sony cause it sucks major *****
don't hate on alpine though
Old 10-05-2004

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Yup, thats what I was saying, "you don't even need a reason to hate sony"
Old 10-05-2004
Banned

Concept is... meh... low middle level kinda gear... kinda sucks
Sony.. sucks
Alpine.. some of the best there is
Old 10-05-2004

are you kidding me concept is huge. did you know sony owns alpine? so if sony sucks alpine is not far. i work at circuitcity so dont tell me alpine is one of the best. yes maybe their cd players are good so what? doesnt mean their whole system is good. i had the type r's and they where not even close to the quality of concept. i just found my system though.

ima get two jl audio w7's at 750 rms you cant go wrong

still looking for an amp though
Old 10-06-2004
Banned

Sony does suck and NO Alpine will not ever suck. They are not "not far away" and won't be any time soon, sorry.

I don't care where you work, Alpine is one of the best. Their low end stuff is of course not the best, but no brands low end stuff is the best. When you get into their high end stuff there is no or very very little competition. There are SQ nuts out there who I am sure would beat off to a picture of a PXA-H900 let alone the sound that it produces. Like Circuit City would ever carry that, probably because not a soul in the store would ever know what to do with it. If you come in here asking what is good don't contradict me what I tell you what is, because by making this thread you might as well say right out that you don't know what is good or bad.

are you kidding me concept is huge.
i really like concept but noones ever heard of them.
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not a DIRECT CONTRADICTION? Concept is a budget brand, pure and simple. Stores carry them as an alternative to the really high end gear. I know a guy with 2400 watts of Concept amps behind a huge 18" sub and he BARELY hits higher in SPL than me. Give it 2 years and it will be like they never existed.

If you ask for our opinion then accept our opinion. We aren't idiots. I know what is good and what is bad when it comes to car audio. I know exactly what you are looking for and that is for somebody to post and say that something you are thinking of is good, and you won't accept anything else except what you have pictured in your head. Either ask and take into account what we say or don't ask at all.