I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Remote Wire Powering a LED....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turboslug
rules are meant to be broken :P...just be sure you know exactly what will happen if you break the rules...also, never dive into it blindly and dont try to push things beyond what they are capable.

if everyone followed the rules and stuck to the manufacturer's intended use, i'm sure no one would be modding their cars...no one would lower their car, no one would install lcd's into their seats..etc...
True true, it's just an area you've gotta be careful with I guess
Old 08-13-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I've heard about that 42v stuff before too, but I didn't think they were going to do it because of problems with stuff like the rear defrosters which would cause your glass to break and stuff..

I hope they don't go that way, a whole new industry worth of car audio will have to be created.. and when they do you can be damn sure it won't be cheap
Old 08-13-2004
Super Hoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
I've heard about that 42v stuff before too, but I didn't think they were going to do it because of problems with stuff like the rear defrosters which would cause your glass to break and stuff..

I hope they don't go that way, a whole new industry worth of car audio will have to be created.. and when they do you can be damn sure it won't be cheap
it will be much better for car audio...it will allow for much simpler power supply designs. the amp portions will still be pretty much the same. it'll make car audio cheaper to design and produce.
Old 08-14-2004
Banned

But i would imagine that when they first come out like everything else, they would be expensive and then the prices would eventually go down

Cheaper in the long run ya probably, but at the start it'll probably be like any new technology, expensive as hell at first and progressively cheaper as time goes by
Old 08-14-2004
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
But i would imagine that when they first come out like everything else, they would be expensive and then the prices would eventually go down

Cheaper in the long run ya probably, but at the start it'll probably be like any new technology, expensive as hell at first and progressively cheaper as time goes by
i dont think it would be more expensive, maybe the same price at first, then gradually getting cheaper...

it wont be new technology...nothing new will have to be discovered(but i'm sure there's lots more they can discover to make things evey better)...they just have to implement the changes to their designs to adapt it for the different voltage

damn, i can imagine much more powerful headunits for the price of cheap ones..haha...all they really have to do is use a different amp chip that operates on a higher voltage(cheap), and use a different voltage regulator to step down the voltage for the other components inside...
Old 08-14-2004

slammedcivic85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Verified, but don't.... that's not what remote is meant for

Use your trunk light power wire to power this neon
Yea using your trunk light to power the wire wont hurt anything thats how i did my trunk only thing is the light will only come on when you open your trunk but why would u want it on any other time anyway
Old 08-14-2004

alex053 will become famous soon enough
use the remote wire to power a relay. all problems solved. hook up as much as you want.
Old 08-14-2004
Banned

^^ That's what I would do, that's the proper way of wiring things
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

Benzboy429 is an unknown quantity at this point
leds are cool lol
Old 08-17-2004
Banned

yep, that they are